a few quick questions

itsmejonp

Im new to the area (living in ledgewood) and was wondering what to expect from deer park? I think from what i've been reading that it seems to be the more doable on a cross bike of the local trails. Also I was wondering where the trailhead/entrance/best place to park is? i realize most of these questions have been answered somewhere in this forum but i've been having trouble finding any recently updated information. Thanks folks

Jon P

Agree, this is not a cx-friendly park at all, unless you're really looking to practice your shouldering.

If you are looking for parks up north to ride a cross bike, some trails at KVSP, Lewis Morris are ok and the more southern parks such as 6-Mile and Allaire are fine.

Parts of Stephens State Park might fit the bill .. esp the pink sections. Some guy posted here he likes to ride Ringwood with his CX bike so it's all a matter of perspective and your tech riding abilities I guess.

Having ridden some rugged stuff on my CX bike, I think there are parts of deer park that are doable on it. That said, it is not an optimal choice. I'm a few streets over in Succasunna and can direct you to a good dirt/path/paved route.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions

Trail Conditions not available
Back
Top Bottom