6 Mile Run Conditions

Dusty out there.

After a summer of never ending rain.. DUST BOWL.
hey @jdog ...tripp mentioned you might be doing the blackwells mill bridge rebuild this week.

i've got some extra wood leftover from a recent deck project...
  • 3, 2x4x10 pressure treated
  • 3, 2x8s pressure treated...all a little less than 3ft long
  • 2, 6x6...one 4ft long, the other about 33"
  • roughly half of a 5 lb box of Deckmate #9 x 2.5" star drive screws
let me know if you think you can use 'em and i can drop them at halters, or i can leave them by the blackwells mill bridge...

Dry and dusty all over today. Many improvements lately, many thanks @jdog. Get it before the rain. Gonna be no good for at least 3-4 days after today.

@jdog : You probably already know this, but I was told by a hunter today that the big bridge that has frequently been knocked adrift after big storms is located just downstream from it's intended location. He kept pointing "just around the bend," making me feel that it couldn't be too far. Perhaps, with enough help, it could be re-positioned, or at least the wood reclaimed.

@jdog : You probably already know this, but I was told by a hunter today that the big bridge that has frequently been knocked adrift after big storms is located just downstream from it's intended location. He kept pointing "just around the bend," making me feel that it couldn't be too far. Perhaps, with enough help, it could be re-positioned, or at least the wood reclaimed.

Yeah. I know where it is. This is one of the few I didn’t build.

I’m going to start from scratch and build something more substantial shortly.

I have a plan for that spot that I’m pretty stoked on.

Hopefully Soon..

hey @jdog ...tripp mentioned you might be doing the blackwells mill bridge rebuild this week.

i've got some extra wood leftover from a recent deck project...
  • 3, 2x4x10 pressure treated
  • 3, 2x8s pressure treated...all a little less than 3ft long
  • 2, 6x6...one 4ft long, the other about 33"
  • roughly half of a 5 lb box of Deckmate #9 x 2.5" star drive screws
let me know if you think you can use 'em and i can drop them at halters, or i can leave them by the blackwells mill bridge...

I can use all of that.. for this or another project. Ideally you’d drop them at the shop.

J

Any update on the conditions today? It's been raining but hoping the trails are soaking it in and it's still rideable today.

Any update on the conditions today? It's been raining but hoping the trails are soaking it in and it's still rideable today.

The soil was super dry on fri. Think dry flour.

Now add an inch of rain.

Basically it will be goop.

Monday rain is coming too.

Wed is likely to be the next good day.

Sorry.

Sweet riding at 6 mile today. For only the 2nd time in three year riding there, I rode from the rt 27 side to Middlebush and back. I had never gone through orange until today........and now I'm in love. Great riding in there.
yeah, orange is my favorite tract, so super flowy twisty and fun

Hi all,

First time on the site and was looking for info on whether it was ok to ride there today. I am a beginner and want to make sure that the conditions after the rain would do no damage to the trails. If so, are there any sections that can be ridden? I don't need to ride the whole park, but was there once and remember the twisty sections closer to 27 were drier. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Hi all,

First time on the site and was looking for info on whether it was ok to ride there today. I am a beginner and want to make sure that the conditions after the rain would do no damage to the trails. If so, are there any sections that can be ridden? I don't need to ride the whole park, but was there once and remember the twisty sections closer to 27 were drier. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

No. Too much rain yesterday. Ride the towpath if you want something besides road

great for you to check in here, really appreciated
If you are coming from Long Hill check out Chimney Rock, though we got some good rain here as well. I might swing over later in the day if I can break away.

Sure thing! I may not have mountain biking skills, but know that there's a lot of work that goes into trail maintenance and preservation. Unfortunately, Chimney Rock is a little above my skill level to attempt solo. Hope to get up to riding there more comfortably in the future tho. Thanks!

Sure thing! I may not have mountain biking skills, but know that there's a lot of work that goes into trail maintenance and preservation. Unfortunately, Chimney Rock is a little above my skill level to attempt solo. Hope to get up to riding there more comfortably in the future tho. Thanks!
I'm not a particular skillful rider either, hit me up if you are interested in a tour of Chimney. There's actually lots there which are beginner friendly. I've taken a few neighbors and kids up there and they did fine. Stay on Blue, Red, White and you won't kill yourself ;)

There is big tree down on the blue trail just before the creek crossing on blue after the quick uphill sprint.Saw it yesterday. Not sure if it has been cleared yet just a heads up

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions