6 Mile Run Conditions

Steady rain Tuesday and Wednesday including a downpour last night. I'd give it at least until Saturday before riding.

It was super wet. Tons of standing water. I know a million people will be out this weekend.. they shouldn't be.

After a many weeks absence from 6mr I was there last Sunday? I think. "BYB" (Blue Yonder Bypass) is interesting. Super soft so far and it's settling a little off camber but definitely has potential. :)

Was stoked to see just how well all the work you did on the other side (red) burned in over the summer. I've always liked the option of not just doing an out and back on orange. Now it's not just a shortcut.:)

After a many weeks absence from 6mr I was there last Sunday? I think. "BYB" (Blue Yonder Bypass) is interesting. Super soft so far and it's settling a little off camber but definitely has potential. :)

Was stoked to see just how well all the work you did on the other side (red) burned in over the summer. I've always liked the option of not just doing an out and back on orange. Now it's not just a shortcut.:)

I used to finish a trail right away, but now I like to rough cut a section and then see where the natural lines form. This is actually a bit less work in the end and the trail flows more naturally as the lines aren't forced. I'll go back in a few more weeks and button it up.

The eastern red section had seen so little changed since I first cut some of it ten years ago. Last winter I started making an effort to make that side as fun as the orange. It isn't there 100%, but it has gotten a lot better.

Every year I think I'm close to being done adding new stuff and then new sections call out to me that i've never noticed before.

It is sad in a way to see so much use at times. Some of the most fun lines are gone but new ones occur too.

Always love the new sections

Was surprised at how much it dried out. There are still some problem areas but overall conditions are good. However, still plenty of people making puddles deeper, riding where they shouldn't, not avoiding the mud and puddles. Bumped into Bill trimming on Red yesterday, said he had an encounter with a not-so-nice helmetless idiot.

I rode today as well- was dry but a few sections had standing water- shockingly when you walk a section like that you do not leave a massive rut... although the concrete bridge is flooded ended doing 2 loops of 1 section vs one big loop. Saw 2 guys plow through and the water level was over their hubs...

Always love the new sections

Was surprised at how much it dried out. There are still some problem areas but overall conditions are good. However, still plenty of people making puddles deeper, riding where they shouldn't, not avoiding the mud and puddles. Bumped into Bill trimming on Red yesterday, said he had an encounter with a not-so-nice helmetless idiot.

Bill may chime in, but apparently this guy buzzed Bill as he was out there running a trimmer. Bill shut off the machine and asked the guy to slow down as he nearly ran into him. The guy threw his bike on the ground and challenged him to a fight. Real Classy...

Bill may chime in, but apparently this guy buzzed Bill as he was out there running a trimmer. Bill shut off the machine and asked the guy to slow down as he nearly ran into him. The guy threw his bike on the ground and challenged him to a fight. Real Classy...

No to bright... Maybe a stravasshole - makes people do irrational things. I would think the odds were in Bill's favor since he was toting a gas powered death weapon.

Last edited:
I was there around 9am, we rode in from Bound Brook and surprised the canal lot was fairly empty
my friend's BB started failing so we limped home instead of riding 6MR
glad we didn't since conditions weren't optimal and who wants to deal with confrontational riders on the trails?
thanks Bill and Jay for keeping the trails pretty

Stavasshole? What is this term ? Either way no excuse for this type of behavior. I stayed away and went to Mahlon. Conditions were perfect.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions