6 Mile Run Conditions

Was over at 6MR today for some impromptu TM. Getting close, the wind has dried the fields, but
still just on the soft side in the woods. Gave it a 3 - but without any more rain, this weekend could
move it to green.

Oh - you want to know more about the TM? Well, it was a re-route of blue at the short bridge with
the climb just after it. The bridge is gone, the trail now heads towards blackwells mill road, jumps over
the stream up there, and comes back - probably added a bit more than 1/4 mile and 20' of elevation :)chuckle:)

View attachment 20451 View attachment 20453 View attachment 20452
View attachment 20453

Thanks for the update. Really appreciate the TM work and re-route. A little extra elevation there is welcome... although you probably solidified a few KOMs :D Looking forward to getting back to 6m once conditions permit.

The bridge right after the field boardwalk?

not there - this extends the outside loop past the blue "shortcut" trail further towards the road.

upload_2015-4-8_15-13-26.png

And of course, a big thanks to @jdog for conceiving this re-route, and Mike - Our inside man from the park service, who enjoys "making things happen" -
I'm just labor.....so a gracious you're welcome.

Should give a shout out to the Park Service for continuing support of expansion of the trail system.

"So you're saying there's a chance!"

you heard it here first! i'll swing by on friday - the re-route could use some hand pruning to get rid of some of the hanging whips.

if anyone wants to get over there with a hand saw, there are some stubby tree "trunks" that could be cut flush. the trail isn't down to dirt yet
either....

if anyone is a scout leader, we could use a clean-up project for bottles/cans and some other small garbage. there is something large that is partially
buried, but not sure what it is. car, trailer, ??

I want one of those bridges in CR after the boardwalk

have the yips crossing bridges after a few near falls last year
practicing in the back yard, but still hard not to look down
any other tips?

Here is a side view of the bridge we put it today. This new section is only rough cut, but since we closed down the old route it is bound to get worn in quickly. It needs some serious bench cutting in spots. We will attack this on a trail day in a few weeks.

If you are out over the next few weeks, please bring a folding saw or small clippers with you. Cutting back small face-slappers this time of year makes a bike difference later in the season.

The trails are pretty close to rideable. Some serious wet spots still exist for sure.

IMG_7677.JPG

Last edited:
not there - this extends the outside loop past the blue "shortcut" trail further towards the road.

Had to look at an old strava file (haven't ridden a full loop there since early june - wow) - so that skinny section just gets longer? I've never taken that shortcut on your map, not sure where it is.

Here is a side view of the bridge we put it today. This new section is only rough cut, but since we closed down the old route it is bound to get worn in quickly. It needs some serious bench cutting in spots. We will attack this on a trail day in a few weeks.
View attachment 20455

Many thanks! Looks great. I am planning to make it to ride at 6-Mile sometime this year.

I want one of those bridges in CR after the boardwalk

have the yips crossing bridges after a few near falls last year
practicing in the back yard, but still hard not to look down
any other tips?

look at the end, where you want to go - at halfway point look up the trail....

@jdog with the glamoure shot

[GALLERY=media, 96]CR winter 2015 by qclabrat posted Apr 8, 2015 at 9:48 PM[/GALLERY]
You mean the stream crossing on white? But that crossing is so refreshing on a hot day...

Yes, if you mean the stream at the end of this, after the drop have zero momentum to get across and up to the right. I'm i missing the line some where?

Yes, if you mean the stream at the end of this, after the drop have zero momentum to get across and up to the right. I'm i missing the line some where?

Definitely not there, haha. Yeah, that spot is almost always a muddy mess into a quick, steep uphill you can never carry enough speed through because of the aformentioned. I know what you mean. Unfortunately the 'boardwalk' ends in an awkward spot that's still muddy and doesn't leave much room to carry the speed. I'd gladly help with maintenance there, but let's keep this to 6M. :p

Awesome job on the 6M bridge! Can't wait to try it out when the park becomes a 4.0. Always nice to go back to where it all started.:D

Anyone have any idea what the trails are lime after this week? I'm happy it didn't really rain all that much.

i'm sure no progress was made with the trails drying over the last 3 days. don't go today, maybe someone can loop by around sunset tonight and see if the wind/sun
did the trick for a sunday mid-day loop.

not hopeful on this, i'd give it about a 10% chance of being ready by mid-day sunday.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions