6 Mile Run Conditions

If you mean on blue in the fields, that was probably me also (and GF). We were having a really tough time staying in the one fat tire track in the fields:getsome:. We would stay in for about 10 yds, go off, burn about 200 calories getting back in then repeat:cry:. Almost ready to throw in the towel but once we got back in the woods it was easy goin' again:D.

I think I passed you guys on blue when you were on a break - I was huffing and puffing (full camo with bright green camo helmet) and you mentioned the fatties paving the way

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, hope I post this correctly. How are the trail conditions at Six Mile, blue trail? I don't have a fatty, just 26 and I don't do snow very well. Is there any snow on the trail? Mud? Would like to ride tomorrow if conditions are good.
Thanks!
Park & Ride

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this site, hope I post this correctly. How are the trail conditions at Six Mile, blue trail? I don't have a fatty, just 26 and I don't do snow very well. Is there any snow on the trail? Mud? Would like to ride tomorrow if conditions are good.
Thanks!
Park & Ride

snow and ice. and more coming.

Studded fat tires would be my pick for today.

Otherwise you will be falling a ton.

j

I did the regular loop from canal rd to route 27 and back. Studded tires are a MUST. The place is one big skating rink except for maybe the fields. The blue was better than the rest of trails. The worst part was 27 side twisties.

Actually I enjoyed the first half because it was my very first ride on my new Beargrease Fatty but then I got tired (I road 10 miles of canal before) and the second half was hard work.

I did the regular loop from canal rd to route 27 and back. Studded tires are a MUST. The place is one big skating rink except for maybe the fields. The blue was better than the rest of trails. The worst part was 27 side twisties.

Actually I enjoyed the first half because it was my very first ride on my new Beargrease Fatty but then I got tired (I road 10 miles of canal before) and the second half was hard work.

Jeez does anyone not have a fatty (besides me) :( How do you like it??

Jeez does anyone not have a fatty (besides me) :( How do you like it??

Rick,

I enjoy so far. Beargrease has nimble handling for a fat bike and I really want to see how I can push her in the better conditions. I could ride 6MR on my 26er with studded tires today but I'd not go from home to 6MR for extra 20mi because riding frozen foot tracks drains me too fast.
So now I'm looking forward for more snow and freezing temperatures :)

Matty,
Thanks

Riding on ice without studded tires is certainly a lesson in balance. I did a ride down in MD yesterday (Fredrick Watershed) and one of the trails was pretty much glare ice from beginning to end. How I managed to stay upright the entire time I'm not sure... It was really puckering on side-cut sections where to the right is a 30' slope down into a creek.

I was totally wishing for a fat bike... a Bucksaw, specifically... :p

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions