6-23 ride

Frank

Sasquatch
If the gods smile on us and keep additional precip away, we go on as scheduled. We will take a different course than normal to avoid some of the wet spots. The weather has been crazy lately, did someone inform Al Gore?

I'm out. My bike is down to frame and fork.

Decided after all the water and muck to break her down and lube her up:getsome:

A month or so ago I had to break free the non-drive side bottom bracket bearing cause it had seized and repacked it. Apparently I did a good job cause it's spinning like it should even after all the water on Sunday.

Also upgrading to either Jaguar or Ride-On cables to try and take out the gunk factor in shifting.

We will take a different course than normal to avoid some of the wet spots.

So I take it we will be riding up and down hospital rd? :D

Dunno about the wife and daughter tonight. Wife was pretty sick last night I may have to force her to take it easy tonight and stay home. We will see.

Last edited:
I may try to make this. It will be a little tight with the timing though. Ive never been to Allire and I need an easy ride to loosen up... this seems to fit the bill.

Tracy and I will be there. Haven't been on the bike in a week in a half. Not sure if I remember how to ride it.

Once again the Wookie scared the rain gods,we got the whole ride in.
back to the lot doing the post ride BS session and it started to lightly rain.
Great time tonight good to finally meet wonderturtle and J_short good loop minimal mud.
good time my garmin (which never lies) tracked 8.58 miles in 1h20m not to shabby...
going to hit shark river for a beginner loop with some peeps that I work with weds. night if anyone is down...

Last edited:
going to hit shark river for a beginner loop with some peeps that I work with weds. night if anyone is down...

i would met u but i gotta go up to staten island to work i was there this mornin and conditions werent too bad muddy in the usual spots. if you make a left before the parkway loop there is a few acres of more riding (that part may b too muddy) i gotta make one of the beginner allaire rides but if your up i hit shark river every mornin at 7 -9 am

Frank thanks for the great ride again. Also thanks to everyone that helped me after I started to cramp up.

i would met u but i gotta go up to staten island to work i was there this mornin and conditions werent too bad muddy in the usual spots. if you make a left before the parkway loop there is a few acres of more riding (that part may b too muddy) i gotta make one of the beginner allaire rides but if your up i hit shark river every mornin at 7 -9 am
I am at the office at 05:30 every day. :(

Great ride!

First off, thanks again for the ride...

Secondly I am trying to work out this program from my iPhone... If you haven't checked out the website (not related to the iPhone) you REALLY SHOULD! it is www.mapmyride.com you can manually map out a ride or use a GPS device to track your activities.
ANYWAY.. I mapped today's ride and I think this is how I post the ride...

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/nj/farmingdale/185124580255479019

Let's see how it works,

Kenny
"Cheeseburger cheeseburger!!!"

First off, thanks again for the ride...

Secondly I am trying to work out this program from my iPhone... If you haven't checked out the website (not related to the iPhone) you REALLY SHOULD! it is www.mapmyride.com you can manually map out a ride or use a GPS device to track your activities.
ANYWAY.. I mapped today's ride and I think this is how I post the ride...

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/nj/farmingdale/185124580255479019

Let's see how it works,

Kenny
"Cheeseburger cheeseburger!!!"

I got the link it looks like it worked fine.

Mike - Good meeting you too.
Thanks to Walter and Dustin for providing the entertainment in the down time...

Thanks again to Frank for leading and Mike for keeping an eye on the trailer for me. We had a great time. Wife loved the ride and so did Abigail. Really nice to be able to include both of them into a sport I love dearly.

Great Ride

Thanks to all that where on the ride last night. Look forward to seeing more of you all around :D

Mike - Good meeting you too.
Thanks to Walter and Dustin for providing the entertainment in the down time...

Good meeting you J. Dustin is like a one man comedy show, I'm just there to be some eye candy for the ladies:rolleyes:

Good times last night.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions