6-16 Beginner ride is......

well i made it there and i tried. still not quite comfortable enough yet. ill try again in a few weeks. thanks for all the kind words tonight from everyone.

good to see you tonight you will be back they always come back :)

Another great time tonight fo shame on anybody that did not get a ride in today....good people and a good ride... I think we might have about the best beginner group ride going.
thanks Frank for putting it together...

Last edited:
Awesome group tonight! At one point there were 42 riders out there. Thank you all for another fun ride!

fun

Really, this is the best beginner mountain bike ride in the state. And everyone is simply having fun. Nice to meet the new folks too!

glad to see the pace as a whole is going faster! everyone is slowly getting more confident and its just a blast. i wont be out next week, after that im in!

glad to see the pace as a whole is going faster! everyone is slowly getting more confident and its just a blast. i wont be out next week, after that im in!

Cool, for some reason it seemed slower to me but I didn't have a computer on the bike. Still can't get over the length of the train. :)

Great ride last night!

Emma and Abigail had alot of fun. I got a great work out in :drooling:. Frank thank you for leading the way. Ronnie, Don, and Mike thanks for watching lines for me from behind :D

I was 50/50 whether Abigail would enjoy the ride but in the end she really liked it. On the way home she just kept asking when we could go back. There were a few sketchy sections and definitely couldn't go flying around with the trailer, but I think we faired well.

Emma had alot of fun and she learned about tight single track last night :) She had one run in with a tree, but nothing major. Every time I saw her she had a smile on her face and was saying she wants to do it again, so good things all around from our side.

Major props to the Burley trailer definitely a trail worthy piece of equipment and very safe as well. Supposed to receive the softer "better" suspension Friday so I'll have to get it installed for next Tuesday.

Thanks Frank! I had a great time at my 1st beginner ride and it was really nice meeting everyone I was able to and seeing familiar faces again:D The pace was great and I saw so much more of Allaire than I knew existed... I need to do alot more beginner rides to figure out where I was:)

Mrs. G had a great time on her first big group ride. As always, it was great to see so many people riding their bikes and having fun in the woods.:D

Mrs. G had a great time on her first big group ride. As always, it was great to see so many people riding their bikes and having fun in the woods.:D

It was great to see you two as well as Chuck at the ride last night!

Beauty ride last night. Weather was primo especially for the middle of June.

Great guide/lead by Frank - good terrain to learn on but there is always some fun stuff for those at a little higher level. And Mike did a great job on tail gunner duty to keep the big 'ol train running well.

Good chatting and flowing with "the pack in the back" crew - Mandi, Joe, Pearl, MVMX, qsilver, czracerX and a few others (sorry I don't know all the names) - holding back a bit a then gunning and railing turns. Just a lot of fun.

racerX and I got a quick session afterwards that was fun but we needed night vision on the way back. If anyone wants to work on tech stuff (logs, climbs, jumps, etc) after the ride give me a holler - I'm always looking to improve my handling skill.

Southerner - impressive! That was some great riding towing the little one all around. Very cool to see Mrs Southerner riding too - a family on bikes is awesome.

Last night's ride was awesome, as always. I was able to convince one of my friends (the one on my yellow Mongoose) who always said 'you'll never catch me on the trails with you...' to come out and ride at a leisure pace. After the ride was done, he was very glad to have joined all of us in his first real mountain bike experience. And now, I think he'll be shopping for his own mtn bike soon... That's what i like to see/hear...:D Thanks to all who encouraged him and gave him tips...

If anyone wants to work on tech stuff (logs, climbs, jumps, etc) after the ride give me a holler - I'm always looking to improve my handling skill.

I'm with ya on practicing some skills... i would like to take bigger jumps, with more confidence, and much less hesitation. I've always gone by, take it as they come to you, never slam on the brakes; just go, dont think... :getsome:

Last night's ride was awesome, as always. I was able to convince one of my friends (the one on my yellow Mongoose) who always said 'you'll never catch me on the trails with you...' to come out and ride at a leisure pace. After the ride was done, he was very glad to have joined all of us in his first real mountain bike experience. And now, I think he'll be shopping for his own mtn bike soon... That's what i like to see/hear...:D Thanks to all who encouraged him and gave him tips...

That's good stuff! He did seem pretty pumped about the ride. :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions