2024 Gravity Season (races, freeride events, etc...)

Ian F

While we have quite a while until the race season starts, we do have some early season events to look forward to - Hardline down-under, for one. More timely, Sam Reynolds and the Darkfest crew are a bit early this year. Perhaps to beat Fall (in S. Africa) rains? He's started to drop videos:

and Part 2:

Wow... this was unexpected...

1708099566537.png

"Today is a good day. I’m very excited to announce my long term partnership and first venture into ownership in the cycling industry with @crestlinebikes. Being a part of a bike brand as an owner is an absolute dream of mine. From our first conversations, I felt that we had great alignment and shared many of the same values and aspirations. I’m excited to share all the details and plans soon but for now, I just want to say thank you to @troydon and Mark for the shared belief and opportunity to help lead this brand into the future. Dream come true, let’s go."

Wow... it just seems odd he's jumping back into nearly the same suspension design he worked so hard to get Intense away from...

Granted... if you go to the Crestline website, information on their DH frame (RS 205 VHP) is pretty thin, but it doesn't appear to be drastically different than the V10 or the old M29, with a high-pivot pulley added...

1708099800675.png

And it's sold out, of course...

Edit: Pretty comprehensive interview on Pinkbike that sort of answers my questions...

Last edited:
Who stayed up? I was a little disappointed by the picture quality, granted I was watching on my phone connected to the tv but I don’t think that was the issue. New crop of riders coming up and looking good.

Gonna watch later in between dull moments of supercross race . Pumped that 2 savage ladies did a top to bottom run .

So, kind of good news I guess...at least if you are subscribed to MAX (in my case HBO through Optimum)...turns out that due to technical difficulties related to the integration of the pay per view ser vices, the B/R sposts add on keeps being free for a few more months (to be determined)...that means I may have to get up early to watch the DH races again...

Hmm... I saw this in the Pinkbike comments section about the upcoming WC races... might be a workable solution until the WB/UCI finds it and shuts it down.

I suppose I'll try it Saturday since with all of the rain Friday it'll probably be too muddy to ride anywhere.

That said, this comment is a tad concerning: "If you told me 3 years ago that my best option to watch WC would be a pirated stream from North Korea I would not believe you"

Hmm... I saw this in the Pinkbike comments section about the upcoming WC races... might be a workable solution until the WB/UCI finds it and shuts it down.

I suppose I'll try it Saturday since with all of the rain Friday it'll probably be too muddy to ride anywhere.

That said, this comment is a tad concerning: "If you told me 3 years ago that my best option to watch WC would be a pirated stream from North Korea I would not believe you"
I use Tiz for road races, it typically works, but you often have to refresh the feeds or feeds get blocked.

I use Tiz for road races, it typically works, but you often have to refresh the feeds or feeds get blocked.
Yeah, I had a feeling it was a pirate feed of some sort. We'll see how it goes tomorrow, since it looks like it may be too wet to ride anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom