2023 TDF

Blair

For some reason I thought this always started the first Sunday of July, either way We’re off! Exciting break to start the race, DVR set to fill up recordings within a few days and give the wife something else to be pissed about missing a bachelorette episode. Because those matches always work out…..

I gotta say it was a good opening day besides the usual wait all day and watch the last 10 seconds for the sprint. The late crash and abandon was a surprise. I won’t give anything away but the time gaps are starting from day 1 this year!

Maybe I am not seeing it but is TdF not on regular NBC this year ? I searched on Optimum can’t find it.

I have a recording of stage 1 which shows NBC and then USA for stage 2. This apparently outlines the US TV schedule but I can't be bothered to actually read it 😂

Day 2 and I'm trying to figure out what commercial is going to drive me insane this year. No clear winner yet. Watching on Peacock.

I’m watching on peacock on the world feed. At least I’m trying to. Both days had the audio clipping in and out, driving me nuts. I had to hall back to the USA feed with Bobke

I’m watching on peacock on the world feed. At least I’m trying to. Both days had the audio clipping in and out, driving me nuts. I had to hall back to the USA feed with Bobke
1688343423412.gif

The escape collective has been doing a daily podcast and newsletter on the tour. I’m not usually into the weeds like this, but this year I am.
My boy Wout lost his shit a little bit after yesterday’s stage. Tossed his bike, tossed his water bottle (which hit a spectator?).

But still good to see cofidis get a W after so many years not winning anything.

Today is all about the sprinters.

I’m still catching up on my recaps, so I’m ignoring this thread and any news, but I see Cavendouche crashed out.
I hope he’s okay, but no tears here.
Please tell me someone put him into the barriers during a sprint.

Yep the dream is over for Cav. It wasn’t how you want to go out either. Sucks for him but that’s pro cycling. Looking forward to the mountains tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yep the dram is over for Cav. It wasn’t how you want to go out either. Sucks for him but that’s pro cycling. Looking forward to the mountains tomorrow.
I like Cav. Is he a dick kinda? Yes, but what world champion isn't? I cheer him on for his heart and skills in the game. I'm not here to be his friend or have him rub my feet.

I was rooting for Wout today but he even admitted in an interview that he blew his chance. He will get another shot.

Back
Top Bottom