2022 pro gravity schedule

Seriously jealous, you picked a hell of a race to spectate at .
I like snoeshoe overall more as a venue but this was amazing timing to see finn finally win a world cup in front of the Canadian crowd. Shame he pushed gwin into 4th lol. This was our 3rd world cup in person. Only blevins winning XCO at snoeshoe last year was arguably as cool a moment.

2023 sched! 8 DH dates and 9 XC dates. All the big spots - nove mesto, lenzer, vallnord, leogang, val di sole, snowshoe and MSA with 2 TBD dates. A new netherlands stop for XC. Enduro sched rolled right in with a few weekends with all three.

calendar.jpg

Interesting... Definitely the XC/DH/EWS dates.

Odd they are showing the Whistler event with the Snowshoe and MSA events. If I'm not mistaken, the EWS race has always been in conjunction with Crankworx which is usually in early August. And I don't see Whistler nor the Crankworx folks bowing to any UCI pressure to reschedule. I could actually imagine Crankworx & Red Bull slowly expanding the Crankworx series as an alternative to the World Cup series, depending on how things go next year.

I could actually imagine Crankworx & Red Bull slowly expanding the Crankworx series as an alternative to the World Cup series, depending on how things go next year.
No question. They've already got DH and dual slalom, and there are plenty of notable riders doing that circuit. Finn just rode one last month. And if warner joins instead of staying with the world cups then its arguably closer to the present world cups than the actual world cups lol.

Maybe they drop the king and queen of crankworx thing to make each event more specialized and competitive. Not sure greg minaar wants to race the pump track lol.

No question. They've already got DH and dual slalom, and there are plenty of notable riders doing that circuit. Finn just rode one last month. And if warner joins instead of staying with the world cups then its arguably closer to the present world cups than the actual world cups lol.

Maybe they drop the king and queen of crankworx thing to make each event more specialized and competitive. Not sure greg minaar wants to race the pump track lol.
Or maybe they'll keep the King and Queen comp and add individual series awards. I doubt we'll see any major changes until we see how the UCI events play out. I get the impression Red Bull will be fairly conservative with whatever they do.

Another option is expanding the Hard Line event into a series. Granted, that is more or less exactly what the PinkBike commenters are railing against: very limited rider entries and a made-for-broadcast event.

It's interesting the series is starting so late... however... that late start would allow time for National or regional series to happen prior to the World Cup. Then the top regional finishers from each earlier series go to the World Cup series. This is just a pure WAG/"thinking out loud", of course.

World champs U23 DH qualies

Williams almost 4 seconds faster than Goldstone. Those two guys are going to be top 10 dudes next year as rooks and possibly world cup winners. Crazy.

I ge

I genuinely like Amaury and follow him on Instagram. I’m rooting for him to win the World Cup.
Yeah, he seems like a good, fun-loving guy. I remember when he first started winning a few years ago and even Minnaar was like, "you want to hate him, but he's such a nice guy..."
If Aaron can't win it, I'm rooting for Kerr to pull off a miracle. That said, Angel winning would be amazing as well.
I'm bummed I'll miss it as I'm traveling all weekend. Assuming I can figure out a way to watch without paying for FloTV...

Yeah, he seems like a good, fun-loving guy. I remember when he first started winning a few years ago and even Minnaar was like, "you want to hate him, but he's such a nice guy..."
If Aaron can't win it, I'm rooting for Kerr to pull off a miracle. That said, Angel winning would be amazing as well.
I'm bummed I'll miss it as I'm traveling all weekend. Assuming I can figure out a way to watch without paying for FloTV...
Yeah, Suarez has been moving up the rankings since switching to Commencal. This track suits him … as long as the rain holds off. Pierron is just ridiculously fast. If he can stay on his bike then the Cup is his.

This is the first season I've followed DH. I take it DH is where the $$ is at? What WC DH is to EWS Enduro is like F1 to GT3 racing?

Noticed the DH teams have full sponsor backing i.e. trailers, etc. While EWS Enduro have small tents and a rent-a-van.

Back
Top Bottom