2019 [Usually CR] Funday Monday

is this a joke? Serious? For team only? ?

That’s where I’ll be. And frankly by 5:30 pm I’ll be cooked. But if you show up that day you can ride with us.

But the rest of the trip is team-only, yeah.

Dear World,

As we go through life, there are certain things that we all should experience. This provides some common
ground, which we can base a bit of conversation, or perhaps the set-up of a quip, or witty dig. Things
like grade school, or first car, and the crazy kid that would eat anything. We chat about getting that
3-speed schwinn chopper, or moving up to a varsity 10sp. Some of the other common experiences
are gleened from the media we consume. Often, when something is blurted out, it might be from
a classic weekly sitcom like Gilligan's Island, or Hogan's Heroes. Now those shows are old, and gone,
cause they are judged with a current eye as inappropriate.

There are some movies that we don't watch anymore, because their content portrays a time of slavery being OK,
or homophobia. On the other hand, there are many movies that are required viewing. The Godfather, I & II, enough Star Wars
to know the characters, Young Frankenstein, Monty Python and the Holy Grail. etc.

Without these common experiences, simple humor can be completely misinterpreted. It isn't intentional,
and there is this google thing which is a simple way to help level the playing field. Especially if ya think ya just
missed something.

Try it, you still might not get it, or have any other frame of reference, but it just might help.

Signed,

The Dude.
Watch more movies and TV get more jokes...got it.
See you Monday, The Dude

Fat Amy

For someone who has gone through life thus far never experiencing a funmonday, is this a mountain bike ride? gravel path? Third world dirt road with land mines?
Sounds like it could be a potentially perfect recovery type ride after a hard weekend if there is Tiramisu cheesecake at the end.
Anyway you can post a link with the meeting spot for those unsure of start location? Thanks chief.

1. Mountain bike ride
2. See answer #1
3. See answers #1 and/or #2
4. Sure, BYO tiramisu and/or cheesecake
5. Yes I can. I will update the first post
6. You are welcome

Yawn...I guess it's time to come out of winter hibernation. Looking forward to hitting some of these up again.

Beware of those water crossings, they have a tendency to grab front wheels.

Beware of those water crossings, they have a tendency to grab front wheels.

@goodvibe

Jesus Posse IMG_20180623_105859-01.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have insight as to whether or not today's ride is going to happen or did it fall victim to last night's rain?

Back
Top Bottom