Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

Tonight was a fantastically painful CR ride. @pooriggy , @jShort , @The Heckler , @mbruno , @rsinger814 and myself made it. We saw @BrianGT3 but it was too little too late. I rode rigid ss and everyone else was on geared fs. I needed this. I feel like I am recovering better this year. Hopefully these get easier...but probably not. For anyone that wants to train hard this is epically worth the hurt.

@The Heckler has assured me he has taken care of his flat issues and will be back.

@BrianGT3 needs to get his wheel building skills honed to under 30 minutes ;)

@rsinger814 needs to .... check his pivot bolts? Seriously, that's fucked up. Hope you get that taken care of asap.

@pooriggy needs to swap his downhill tires for some Ralph's. After all, maxxis is not the official tire sponsor of Team MTBNJ.

@mbruno needs to slow the fuck down. Every time I looked he's practically rubbing my back wheel.

And last but definitely not least, the (in)famous @David Taylor needs to get gears and suspension so we can stop waiting for him ;).

Next week will probably be a shake down on whatever bike I decide to convert to SS in prep for SSAP, so I'll be the one holding every one back.

I'm going Bontrager xr3 2.3 front and rear for TSE. @rsinger814 was about right with my flat count on this bike, however it's possible they may all be attributed to my pump gage.

Things felt excessively squishy in the back those 5 minutes before I flatted. Considering that I pinched the tread and sidewall next to the bead on a nothing rock I'd say 21 psi wasn't actually 21 psi.

SO I picked up a digital SKS gage and Stans race sealant which worked well last year and already have a 2.3 mounted on the rear. This MTB flat tire this is getting ridiculous, time to pull out all the stops! Yesterday was supposed to be a solid rock shakedown so TSE doesn't completely murder me. WRONG.

Thanks everyone for the tubes, boots, spare hands and moral support! Many technical karma points to you all.

We had a decent size group last night, no one snapped a pic? @The Heckler taking 30 minutes to fix a flat(and still walking out) would have been a good photo op but Dave Taylor distracted me by talking to me.
That whole sequence of events was incredibly frustrating. I've never had to walk out of the woods before :(

I technically walked and rode during the allamuchy enduranc, but got back on it ;)

I'm going Bontrager xr3 2.3 front and rear for TSE. @rsinger814 was about right with my flat count on this bike, however it's possible they may all be attributed to my pump gage.

Things felt excessively squishy in the back those 5 minutes before I flatted. Considering that I pinched the tread and sidewall next to the bead on a nothing rock I'd say 21 psi wasn't actually 21 psi.

SO I picked up a digital SKS gage and Stans race sealant which worked well last year and already have a 2.3 mounted on the rear. This MTB flat tire this is getting ridiculous, time to pull out all the stops! Yesterday was supposed to be a solid rock shakedown so TSE doesn't completely murder me. WRONG.

Thanks everyone for the tubes, boots, spare hands and moral support! Many technical karma points to you all.
Ardent or ardent race with Exo ...bombproof

Will get the pivot taken care of today over lunch!

It was great riding with everyone tonight! It was fun chasing everyone even though my legs were smoked from the start.

WILL BE BACK FOR SOME MORE!

That whole sequence of events was incredibly frustrating. I've never had to walk out of the woods before :(

I technically walked and rode during the allamuchy enduranc, but got back on it ;)

Maybe u should try Iggys 2 lb tires.

I was going to suggest better line choises myself.
I remember I ran these tires at CR for a really long time until I killed a sidewall, I'm going to say heavy plus bulldozer style = death
p4pb5637102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom