Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Out for a few more weeks, kids sport practice.

It's a bit muddy, blue being the worse. Also a hanger on main vein, about half way down, watch your heads.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
In, btw....but if anyone has any type of rear 12mmx142 thru axle I will reimburse or barter for one. Mine broke so I ghetto rigged it.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
My apologies Dave! Raided my parts bin, I had an 12x142 axle, unfortunately I think I gave it to the guy that bought my scalpel. If you're in a pinch I can loan you the one that's on my enduro
If you could bring it "just in case". I think mine will hold but...

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Great ride tonight.

@pooriggy @David Taylor, @BrianGT3, and myself all cranked out about 90 minutes of pain... except Brian who kept me company on a last loop of blue. More on that in a sec.... I brought my habit because I don't want to beat the shit out of my scalpel. It's a little heavier and but almost made up for it by letting me take any line I want. Plus after riding this 27lb thing at this pace, my 22.5 lb scalpel will feel like a feather.

Of course Iggy takes off like a rocket as soon as I get there. (they did blue before I got there). He led most of the ride and really made it hurt on the climbs. Hardly any extended stops. Just quick regrouping after some climbs.

When Brian and I went out for one more blue loop,. I was kinda tired, but we kept a good hard pace. When I got back to my car I was surprised to see I got the KOM. It lasted about 6 seconds until Brian uploaded his file, lol.

IMG_0328.PNG

It was a great first Thursday night ride. Anyone looking to get in race shape, should jump in

Here's the strava file. https://www.strava.com/activities/971301708

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@jShort , on a SS going uphill it's tough to find an intermediate pace. Plus I did hill repeats on my SS the day before so instinctively I pedaled up aggressively.

We need Clapper to join us on Thurs night ride so he can try to get his Kom back.

CR was in good shape, a few isolated mud spots but overall it was hero dirt.

BrianGT3

Had a great time riding with you guys yesterday. After having a really rough race at Wawayanda plagued with mechanicals felt awesome to get the mojo back. Conditions were great yesterday, trails were fast rolling and grippy.

I managed to tuck the front end twice yesterday, once on red. Then also doing the stream crossing on white (can't turn on wet rocks), however the bath felt somewhat refreshing. Dropped a chain on yellow too.

I like following @pooriggy and powering up the hills, it's something I need to work on doing better for racing. I'm also debating running my gopro for the Thurs night ride, saw Chris get completely sideways (frame perpendicular to trail) on white.

I was surprised to get the KOM on all of Blue, as soon as it popped on my phone I was thinking, did @jShort upload his ride yet? Crazy thing is we also came to a complete stop on that trail, probably loosing 15 to 20 seconds so Jeremy could check his front fork.

Not sure if i'll be there next week, racing French Creek on Saturday

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure if i'll be there next week, racing French Creek on Saturday

Im planning on racing French Creek as well. So if I do ride it'll be a slightly less painful ride.

That is until Iggy starts flying again :).

rlb

Crazy thing is we also came to a complete stop on that trail, probably loosing 15 to 20 seconds so Jeremy could check his front fork.

It only counts moving time, unless that's recently changed. Any time I have to stop on an extended climb I wind up getting a PR.

rick81721

Lothar
It only counts moving time, unless that's recently changed. Any time I have to stop on an extended climb I wind up getting a PR.

No for segments it's always total time. Maybe when you stop during a climb you make up for it??

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Strava changed that very early on so you cant stop for lunchg in the middle of an alpine climb.

Top Bottom