holy cray, this looks good.
It's like the El Mariachi in carbon.
Shorter chainstay by a few mm
Higher bb by 2mm
slacker head angle by 2.5deg
slightly longer reach

CAN RUN A BELT DRIVE
man this looks good. real good.

That's the ugliest bike I have ever seen.

MY17_Woodsmoke_275plus_XO1.jpg

yeah it's ugly. but this is how they get around not having shit geometry on a 29er plus now. there just isn't room between the tire and the front ring.
I6aKqeL.jpg
small shouldn't come in 29. Agreed.

That salsa is still hideous. Like...wtf hideous

small shouldn't come in 29. Agreed.

That salsa is still hideous. Like...wtf hideous
It's the width of the tire. You either have to go with a plus size crank size or move the wheel back WAY too far to make room for the frame.
My El Mar is super tight as it is and it can only fit 2.4 tires. Making room for the plus size tires just doesn't work unless you move the frame or have god awful geometry

The image of Froome wobbling around on that Mavic neutral bike has kind of ruined yellow bikes for me..for a while.

Ritchey's gonna be pissed about the paint on the Beargrease.:rolleyes:

Like the Timber Jack, it ticks a few boxes for me.

How are you (@Johnny Utah) going to buy another El Mar doe?:D
I think I have already owned 12% of the El Mariachi production......but yeah, canceled......bummer. I am sure I will get another at some point.

It is interesting to see the Beargrease remains unchanged, I would have loved to have seen the ability to accommodate all 5" tires (beyond a select few), but with 4,250 miles on mine (and still going), I have no complaints. Plus it's stoopid fast.

No SS choice's ??? Unless the Alternators models can be run SS but it does not say that anywhere in the write ups??

Meh. Except for the Split-Pivot design, the Salsas are pretty unremarkable. And if I wanted a Split-Pivot bike I'd get a Devinci instead.

Back
Top Bottom