2015 Trail Skiing Thread

I skiied up at wawayanda a few days ago and there was plenty of cover though it was a little soft because there was no refreeze Mahlon yellow loop was good last friday thinm that both will be good to ski this weekend but might be sticky with the new snow and 50 degree temps

i'm a few miles from most of the major players in the NW corner of the state (mooch, DP, stephens, etc)- i also live at the base of a mountain. on the SE side, the snow is pretty much gone. like, zero. however, on the NW side, there is still a solid 8"-10" on the ground. i'm planning on getting out one last time saturday am...
Where and when for Sat? We all wanna ski w you before the seasons over!! Well at least I do....

Since Jake just wants to hide out and be lame I went to Whittingham WMA w/ the lil woman. She's about 7 miles into her trail skiing career and can already do some decent hills. It so pisses me off that everyone around me can get descents down relatively quickly and I'm still terrified most of the time. I'll just keep telling myself it's cause I'm such a good teacher and I had no one to learn from. Anyway, it was endless fields and fireroads of skatetopia.

How about Ringwood? Any reports?

Saturday Ringwood had full coverage. Couple avoidable spots were bare from water draining. But it's still probably a foot deep on all the fire roads. Almost all the single track is mostly untraveled and deep.

Sorry @hardtale70 - I had to put a new floor in so was forced to stay local, solo and early. But hey, I ski the trails I built so that's a plus.

If anyone is still looking to get some more skiing in the Catskills had lots of snow a mid to upper elevations as of sunday (2000 feet>), with about 40 inches above 3500 feet. Skiing should be good so long as the sun is shining and the temps are above freezing.

Back
Top Bottom