2 parks, 1 day

Jase

I know this is short notice, but i'm planning on riding Chimney Rock then heading out to 6MR tomorrow (11/7)
My question is, what should I eat in between the to parks? I know I should drink as much water as possible, but not sure on what to eat or should i not eat anything?

You'll want to eat something. This ride will take about 5-hours so plan on 300ish calories per hour at least. There's a QuikCheck on Rt28 South of Chimney Rock to re-fuel.

What you should eat is trial and error. I find PB&J and bananas work great for me, your results may vary. Usually light/easy is a good place to start. I've been wanting to do this ride myself, but can't make it tomorrow. Good luck!

I keep telling myself I'm going to do a sourlands to 6mr ride but end up just driving to both parks. Maybe next week

I keep telling myself I'm going to do a sourlands to 6mr ride but end up just driving to both parks. Maybe next week

Do it. Remember...

2cef84afb00b1070ec25df95697c88a4.jpg

This ride is fun around 50 miles and yes refuel @ quick check.A few stores not far off the canal path too if you get in a jam. rib you free next weekend to do this ride?I want to do it again before it's cold.

This ride is fun around 50 miles and yes refuel @ quick check.A few stores not far off the canal path too if you get in a jam. rib you free next weekend to do this ride?I want to do it again before it's cold.

Saturday will probably work

Reactions: AL.
I'd like to join if it's on Saturday. Maybe with a couple of other people too. What time, where should we meet?

I'd like to join if it's on Saturday. Maybe with a couple of other people too. What time, where should we meet?
I'll make another thread for this ride but I'm guessing like 9am Newmans lot

My advice would be to do both parks, but drive to each. Drivers this time of year(the turning of the leaves thing) tend to have their minds on other things. Stay off the road , stay alive. If you feel the need for more miles drive to a third park , maybe Sourlands.

My advice would be to do both parks, but drive to each. Drivers this time of year(the turning of the leaves thing) tend to have their minds on other things. Stay off the road , stay alive. If you feel the need for more miles drive to a third park , maybe Sourlands.
We are taking the D&R canal between parks.maybe 1 mile of road total.

Back
Top Bottom