12th Annual WAWAYANDA SPRING CLEANING Grassroots Mountain Bike XC Race

Great day at the races! I did the "First Timers" group and had a ball, came in last in that group, but did pretty good comparing the results in other groups. It was great just being out there. Saw some peeps I've seen before and some new friends too. Great event by Black Bear Cycles. Nice giveaways and fun for all. No attitudes!

Some Winners

My "racer" # 331

Last edited:
I was at the staging area last night about 5 PM and noticed the bears on the hill picking out their best spot to watch the race.

I was at the staging area last night about 5 PM and noticed the bears on the hill picking out their best spot to watch the race.

I saw a few Wed afternoon. I got really close which makes me nervous for the bears as they'll end up being relocated but they all looked really healthy and shiny. None were ratty or skinny.

Course was awesome! Great work black bear!

So glad you guys changed the course back to the usual stuff, really makes for a challenging loop.

My day was ok, pollen is still kicking my ass, missed one turn, blew up my hub on the last steep climb and ran/skateboarded the last mile or so. But I was able to jog myself to 6th, ill take it! :)

Great work everyone!!!

I took some pics of some of the results before I left

2015-05-03.jpg

20150503_133825.jpg

20150503_133813.jpg

20150503_133810.jpg

20150503_133804.jpg

I hiked the park this morning as I usually do. I went through the staging area and past where their tents were set up for different things. What a great cleanup job by Black Bear Cycling! Gotta give a BIG thumbs up to these guys for running this event and leaving no trace when it's over.

Thanks Black Bear for hosting a great race. I liked the traditional course this year over last years, the rocks are more challenging. Also it was nice having the results near the parking lot again this year.

My race went well, riding SS through sitting bear makes for predicable gearing...which is nice, no fumbling for the right speed. Fisthermans is a nice flowy twisty section and I was glad we didn't have to climb up to Lookout(white dot). The downhills toward the end were a blast and the uphill finish allowed for a last kick effort for me to try and snipe @pearl. Good times getting 1st and hanging with the MTBNJ crew. I can't wait for the next bowling tournament.

I saw a few Wed afternoon. I got really close which makes me nervous for the bears as they'll end up being relocated but they all looked really healthy and shiny. None were ratty or skinny.

was this the mom and 3 cubs? I was out on pump house trail saturday morning and was less than 50 feet before I realized there were four of them getting the stare down. first time I've taken a U turn due to wildlife. I'm surprised nobody saw them sunday.

Here is a link for photos from the event that was posted on Black Bears website. You can view them, or buy them. I liked mine, so I'm letting you know about it.

Thank you Black Bear cycling for a great race, loved loved the course this way much better than last year!

Indeed. Great job by the good folks at Black Bear. Course was great, I wouldn't change a thing even though I knocked myself senseless (literally). I'm looking forward to next year's race. Also, thank you for your concern and attention after my crash.
Very much appreciated.

Something was left in the parking lot at Wawayanda after the race Sunday. It has some value. If you left something let us know what it was and if it matches and you can describe it you can claim it. I would think by now you have realized you left it but we have not received any e-mails.

Back
Top Bottom