'08/'09 season thread or something.

Ugggggg, how do I convince 10 people to loose out on the money they dropped on a condo at Kmart so we can go up there instead. Maybe I'll just go by myself.

Good seeing you yesterday, next time let's make some turns!

I just got a Text from my buddy on the Gondi at K-mart. 20" to waist deep..

Should be killer

just got back from Stratton(So. VT), lots of snow. It started snowing Saturday night and was still snowing at 2pm when I left. Its weird when you leave the mountain and head towards Manchester the sun is out, it like the mountain has its own seperate climate. Got in 2days of tele skiing & 1 day XC skiiing:D:D:D:D

Got a quick 2 day "hit and run" up in Stowe. I guess Monday and Tuesday were the days but I had fun Wed and woke up this morning to 3" of new. Everything on the mtn was opened from the top - Goat, Starr, Liftline.

Found some semi-fresh lines today on the sides of Liftline - it's cool seeing your own tracks from the chair. Had a hairball run on a short section of Starr - lets just say 3" of snow covers a lot of demon stumps and rocks.

Kicking myself for not hiking off the Gondi on Wed - a skier on the chair today said he and his buddy got a very "nice" run on Hourglass to Hellbrook - like 2nd tracks "nice". He said Rossi was doing some filming over in that zone too as the sky conditions were so clear. If I had someone with me, I would have definitely hit it as it's been a long time since I rode that section.

may go to mt creek tommorrow if we get the white stuff. i gotta use my 3x play card. cmmmmmon snow!:p

looks like i'll be boarding for the first time this year
it's about damn time! :getsome:
I'll be at the creek @1pm, anyone meet up if you want. Look for brown jacket, white helmet, backside 720 nose grabbing fool (no not really) :D

Last edited:
Snow Day

picture.php
picture.php

If there is snow its a go! Union Co. got about 5"+ of the white stuff.

the creek

Yesterday, the fresh snow made the creek better than normal NJ ice riding. It was one of the better NJ slope days. If you ventured to the trail's sides there was definitely "powder" to be had. It woulda been so much better if the gondala was open tho (closed cause of high winds). Had to go to the stooopid slow triple. Vernon and granite was not packed at all. It was blistering cold with the high winds. I took my hands out for a hot minute and lost all sensation. Had to warm it up under the pits.

BUT ugh. South mtn use to be the spot to park, ride, warm up, and hit the rest of the mtn, but nooooowwww it's just terrible! Sh!t was packed with Shaun White wannabes (don't get me wrong, the guy is sick except I don't think he shoulda won this years Xgames pipe). Screen print jackets and pants, and match this and that, and bandanas. SOOOOO lame. Sorry, am I stereotyping here? Oh well :rolleyes: There is absolutely no order in the lift lines at South. It was like trying to funnel 100 lanes to 4. Was bout to smack some kid upside the head in the lot when he gave me his 16 year old non-threatening at all stare to a move b!tch get out the way honk. But a good long awaited visit nonetheless. Altho I wouldn't have went to the creek if my bro didn't need to use up his triple play.

Last edited:
BUT ugh. South mtn use to be the spot to park, ride, warm up, and hit the rest of the mtn, but nooooowwww it's just terrible! Sh!t was packed with Shaun White wannabes (don't get me wrong, the guy is sick except I don't think he shoulda won this years Xgames pipe). Screen print jackets and pants, and match this and that, and bandanas. SOOOOO lame. Sorry, am I stereotyping here? Oh well :rolleyes: There is absolutely no order in the lift lines at South. It was like trying to funnel 100 lanes to 4. Was bout to smack some kid upside the head in the lot when he gave me his 16 year old non-threatening at all stare to a move b!tch get out the way honk. But a good long awaited visit nonetheless. Altho I wouldn't have went to the creek if my bro didn't need to use up his triple play.

this is why i stopped riding at creek, and on trails

Just got in from 3 days at Beaver Creek, CO - just have to say WOW... real stoked for sure: Accomodations were amazing, food and drink tops, and we got lucky with some really good new snow on some fun terrain.

Day 1 - I woke up with a head cold and should have stayed in bed. No new snow in weeks and the lower hills were brown not white but the runs all had coverage. Got a few runs just to get a feel for the place. A lady on the chair from Denver said there was a storm coming and was going to drop 8-14". Back at the hotel no one could confirm. Slept all afternoon and night hoping for the best.

Day 2 - Woke up with about 12" of new. On one of the first chairs off the hotel lift and made my way to a lower zone. The 2 first runs had almost all fresh turns. Caught up w/ my wife and then rode the main mtn. Winds were fearce and had the Grouse lift that feed some steep runs closed all day. Got a lot more runs in hardly cut powder. Went to bed exhausted from the cold (now in the chest) and all the runs.

Day 3 - Got out and headed straight for the Grouse chair. The line was full of locals and lifties w/ BC packs and wide boards. Rode up w/ guys and girls that were saying it was the best day in weeks if not the last month and looking down I saw hardly any cuts in the snow. Got 3 absolutely beautiful runs w/ plenty of fresh tracks in each one. Definitely the best runs of the season. My legs were singing and I wanted to meet up w/ my wife so went to other spots as she isn't into really deep snow. She and I rode until last chair under blue bird sky and perfect 30 deg temps all day. At the hotel - I got a rough figure of 28,000 vertical ridden - I could barely stand up but had the biggest grin on my face :D

Congrats. I hate you.

haha, I'm still grinning even tho it's been a full day. I knew I was in the right spot when I saw the type of people getting on the lift. If they knew I was from Jersey and it was just my 3rd day at Beaver Creek they'd probably would have kicked me off the chair.

BTW, how'd you do in UT?

haha, I'm still grinning even tho it's been a full day. I knew I was in the right spot when I saw the type of people getting on the lift. If they knew I was from Jersey and it was just my 3rd day at Beaver Creek they'd probably would have kicked me off the chair.

BTW, how'd you do in UT?

One 6 inch day and a few 50 degree days of riding in a sweat shirt. We did some great hikes with a friend who works at Brighton. Brighton is SO fun btw. Riding with a local changes everything. Even in suck ass spring conditions we had a blast. He showed us some huge man made jumps that we scary to look at. I loved the supermodel 168. SO fun. Made the skiiers mad in our group since they were slower.

We stayed at Solitude in a huge house that slept 16. We had 14 and split up all the costs. It was a way cheap way to go. sausage fest, but cheap. The end.

Is anyone doing Tuckermans this spring? Right now it's looking like I'll be up there April 22nd to 26th.

Also hoping to stretch my season out to the first weekend in June :) I'll be in Colorado then so hoping A-Basin is still open, or I can find a pass with some good base!

i really havent had a closer on my season since silverton, so if those dates for tuckermans are definite...let me know

One 6 inch day and a few 50 degree days of riding in a sweat shirt. We did some great hikes with a friend who works at Brighton. Brighton is SO fun btw. Riding with a local changes everything. Even in suck ass spring conditions we had a blast. He showed us some huge man made jumps that we scary to look at. I loved the supermodel 168. SO fun. Made the skiiers mad in our group since they were slower.

We stayed at Solitude in a huge house that slept 16. We had 14 and split up all the costs. It was a way cheap way to go. sausage fest, but cheap. The end.

Yeah, I think when you know the mtn very well or ride with someone that knows the spots it can make crappy conditions very fun. I saw that on a cat trip years ago and it's one of the reasons I like Stowe so much - just know where to go when.

A 168? That sounds real big but like you said probably pretty fast.

Is anyone doing Tuckermans this spring? Right now it's looking like I'll be up there April 22nd to 26th.

Also hoping to stretch my season out to the first weekend in June :) I'll be in Colorado then so hoping A-Basin is still open, or I can find a pass with some good base!

My ski buddy had emailed me about Tuck's recently. Would love to get that done this year. I'll forward the dates when I confirm with him. Would be neat to meet up w/ some mtbnj people.

June?! That will be very cool if you get to ski up to then. Looks like I might get a trip to Stowe w/ my oldest next week. Then a family trip to Gore the last W/E in March.

Back
Top Bottom