Is this reasonable tech? RV/Cush connector

My thoughts exactly, unless I get points for how much of it I can jump and manual down I have no interest in brutal tech climbs

you can ride it the dh way, although it sucks to get there.

I wasn’t tagged so your segment can suck it.

as in most cases, the minions will kill the creator.

ref tron. (and most other stories.)

your park, you get naming rights.....
and i'll bring ice cream.

I read the OP a couple times and I'm still not sure of what section of trail this is. Is it marked yellow? Sorry...

I read the OP a couple times and I'm still not sure of what section of trail this is. Is it marked yellow? Sorry...

From the phone booth climb up & over to go to Cushetunk. At the top, right before it is about to shoot straight down the hill again, there is an old forgotten trail that runs along the top of the ridge. This connects to the "normal" trail that brings you up & over from Cushetunk-to-RV or vice versa.

Should also tag @scotth - cause he likes rocks, and he went through there w/me.

might be easier to explain in reverse - at the top of the saddle coming out of cush (the now almost impossible climb)
go to the left of the tree along the ridge - that is cush, blazed white Red
as it come down the hill to the south towards cush blue, there is
a right hand turn at the corner, which is a connector back to RV red (cushetunk trail in RV), there is a rock cairn at the corner.

at 2:22:10 of this ride https://www.strava.com/activities/2220273303

it doesn't get a ton of use right now, and cush/rv red is a great trail in either direction - but this adds some great tech
features, with some punchy that are rideable, so IMHO it is worthy. (it also avoids being at the bottom of the RV side
of the saddle and having to climb up (anyone ever make it this way?)

i have 100 things to do today, so i did this instead.

Screenshot 2019-05-05 at 07.48.18.png

Last edited:
i havent been to RV enough to remember the spot, maybe we have to go back :/

Is it the climb that connects into that super steep switchback descent? Used to have a huge tree across it?

Is it the climb that connects into that super steep switchback descent? Used to have a huge tree across it?

not sure...

on my map, the painful climb goes up to where that huge tree is (now has a go-around)
the turn to the connector is 100 yards before there - a smaller tree was across the trail, and now has a cut-out.
just before that.

Is that the boulder field before the rock steps that look unrideable but really are? If it's where I think you're talking about, a few well placed rocks to fill a couple of the wheel eating crevices would make it less sketchy(I probably still couldn't clean it but others will be able to).

The only rock section at RV I know is up Blue, from Cushatunk side. This trail has the rock steps. It's an alternate from riding straight up Cush, very rocky. Very tech. Main trails at RV are not rocky, just relentless climbing.

The only rock section at RV I know is up Blue, from Cushatunk side. This trail has the rock steps. It's an alternate from riding straight up Cush, very rocky. Very tech. Main trails at RV are not rocky, just relentless climbing.

cush blue (from the white almost impossible climb) down towards the powerlines and back up to the ridge
is very steep. there are also water-bar steps, and some other nasty features.

see Super Crappy Hike-a-bike segment in here. https://www.strava.com/activities/623979486/segments/15234191989

at the end of that segment, continue towards the res - then coordinate with the picture above.
the white red trail along the ridge of cush has steps going towards the saddle, which look tougher than they are (riding down anyway)

Last edited:

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions