Music

#throwbacktuesday
Found this in my basement looking for something else.
Goes out to @jShort
Was a good show
photo_zpskjhfffag.jpg

Back when you didn't buy posters at the merch table, you ripped them off walls.

#throwbacktuesday
Found this in my basement looking for something else.
Goes out to @jShort
Was a good show
photo_zpskjhfffag.jpg

Back when you didn't buy posters at the merch table, you ripped them off walls.

Awesome. I grew up on Descendents. I put them on and listen and it takes me right back to all my adolescent emotions.

DSCF4014.JPG

^I was here last night, that blurry image on the bike is not me. Even a dreary night in the city is alive with energy. Me and Mary walked over to hells kitchen and had dinner at Alfies before the show, good burgers and beers.

The great thing about Radio City is its art deco design and interior which have been maintained throughout the years. The bathroom is incredible, I wanted to take a pic of it but didn't think it was a good idea when all these guys had their johnsons out.

The show itself was mediocre. The quality of the music was very good, it featured a trumpet, flugelhorn, trombone as well as a small chamber ensemble(two violins and cello). If your a fan of this music I can tell you it was executed very well however the only thing missing was the lack of connection with performer and audience. Zach Condon is the lead singer and front-man for the band. He has managed to write music worthy of air-play on local radio with an indie pop format but he did not manage to take in the crowd in front of him last night. The audience was full of energy and enthusiasm for the band, Zach Condon seemed to be the complete opposite. In between songs Condon kept his head down and barely addressed the crowd. This was one of the first shows in the states, he is in NY and he is performing new material, what should have been an electrifying night came off as flat, dull and tired.

Peforming the music is only half the show, delivering it with style and connecting with the crowd is the other half. Maybe I should be this guys manager?

DSCF4033.JPG

Love these guys. Iv'e been a Medeski Martin Wood fan forever so naturally when the Wood Brothers popped up on my radar, I had to check them out.

They used to play in New Hope from time to time at Triumph Brewery. Have seen them there a number of times.

Back
Top Bottom