Carpenter for Hire

So I just got a call to show you how full circle crap is From Studio 1200 who are high end thinking outside the box architecture firm. The gal I talked to worked for Gensler which is one of the larger commercial architecture firms around and that I have ran jobs for in Gotham. Turns out we know people that know people ect. So I am bidding on one of the owners of gensler Job. A barn made into man cave in Sparta...

Some people ask for the strangest things...
IMAG0827.jpg IMAG0828.jpg IMAG0829.jpg
I call it the poormans non pocket door :)

why not black "barn hardware" look? i like that whole sliding door thing, but the damage to the moldings and
the total finish mis-match???? hope you charged a premium for this one.

looks like the other door is a pocket - they could have set this one up left handed, move the towel hook onto the door...
suspect this door extended into the pocket door opening? and that was unacceptable?

is this a private bath off a bedroom? or multi-entrance?

Private master bath. The realtor talked them into this. No black farm hardware to be found besides client planned to paint hardware and stain door to match. Personally I am not a fan of this install but hey who's gonna argue with a paying customer. On the left hand pocket has plumbing.

my brother's first job out of architecture school was with Gensler, they get a ton of commercial redesign and renovation work. if I recall correctly he designed all the Coconuts music stores in this area. Coconuts is no more

good luck with the bid

well, they can call it a unique feature -

anyway, nice clean install - door perfectly centered - attachment points look good. is there a locking mechanism?
good project, even if not a favorite use of the hw.

Last edited:
Realtors suggest some DUMB things. It may be ugly, but at least the carpentry work looks good. @mattybfat, you can't argue with a paying customer, but don't you wish you could slap some sense into them every now and then?

Great work Matty! Been in the biz for many years myself, more commercial -Local 608 or 157. It's hilarious what some people come up with ,especially architects.

Realtors watch too many home shows and want to be the next Flip or Flop or whatever show is hot. When we first looked at homes we had a realtor tell us we could "toss on a sun room, you don't need a foundation or anything for those". Same woman who showed us a nice little Cape and said we could add a full second story for "only a couple of thousand". We dumped her quick.

Yes they will definitely tell you what you want to hear to close the deal. On those HGTV shows most of them say "sure you can take that wall out!" Maybe once or twice they've actually recommended talking to a contractor to see if it's load bearing.

@kidzach local 257 to local 157 after absorbing local 135 to after absorbing local 608 :) funny how the Italians took over the Irish and Jewish locals. Member Since 1986...

In that time not one President retired all indicted for some crime And Mcguiness doesn't count...

@kidzach local 257 to local 157 after absorbing local 135 to after absorbing local 608 :) funny how the Italians took over the Irish and Jewish locals. Member Since 1986... Yep all crooks. I believe another vote takes place on or around the 23rd.

In that time not one President retired all indicted for some crime And Mcguiness doesn't count...

Back
Top Bottom