6 Mile Run Conditions

B31022Y49-A.jpg

I had this thing to do today, it's called work. Otherwise I would have been there.

As for your pic, wow that seat post is up there. Are you sure the frame size is good for you?

Did a bit today. I was alone because it wasn’t muddy and soft enough to ride for most of these guys.
View attachment 89536
I honestly dont get you guys...There are multiple posts above saying the trails are closed, with pictures of caution tape, literally one post above this post....And yet someone has the balls to not only ride there, but post pictures of their ride, cause obviously these signs and tape dont apply to them.. You were alone there cause the rest of us clearly obey the rules....

I think the take home message is DO No Harm.

The signs are in place for folks who don't know what harm is and don't care.

We are all about recreation on a bike and even not on a bike. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Joe's only mistake was posting that pic it seems. Lighten up folks, it's ok.

But what message does that send to the parks department? They've closed the trails and then see bike tracks. And what about the jerks who don't understand? They see said tracks and think it's ok to go around the closed signs.

I think it sends a bad message.

And it's seriously only been a month. You mean to tell me you guys can't figure out another place to ride or something else to do?

Here are some suggestions:
Canal path: literally right next to six mile!
Road ride: NJ has roads! Lots of them!
Zwift: zero chance of trail damage!
Read a book and expand your mind! I suggest The Shining for those winter days you're trapped inside.
Go to the mall at Short Hills: count the number of Land Rovers in the parking lot! Count the number of people wearing Canada Goose coats! Bonus points for people who own LRs and CG!! Extra bonus points if they're getting their car valet parked!

My apologies, I thought the tape was for when the trails were wet and soft. I know there was no damage done to the trails on my ride yesterday but never considered that the tape was placed because the trails were closed for good....or at least till further notice.

I think the take home message is DO No Harm.

The signs are in place for folks who don't know what harm is and don't care.

We are all about recreation on a bike and even not on a bike. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water. Joe's only mistake was posting that pic it seems. Lighten up folks, it's ok.
I don't agree with you on this one. The park and people in the know who care about this place, took drastic measures to protect not only our trails but our PRIVILEGE to access the park as bikers. Clearly people feel because they "know what their doing" they can go around the tape and signs saying it's closed and that it does not apply to them. I don't care if you're the president of JORBA, a volunteer, a recreational rider, a pro down hill racer, or the POTUS...LEAD BY FUCKING EXAMPLE AND FOLLOW THE RULES.
Riding a moist trail is generally frowned upon, but forgivable, but riding a closed trail cause it's in complete Carnage to the point that it's closed for the first time ever, is just unacceptable at any level.. Posting the picture was not the issue, the fact that he chose to ignore the multiple warnings and ride anyway, is the issue .

i don't want to keep harping on the guy... he gets it...

what i want to say (and which i didn't earlier) was that, yes... there are days when everything's all frozen over and no damage will be done. and under normal circumstances, i'd be right out there with you guys... happy to be out of the house. BUT the trails are currently closed... and as others have mentioned, we as mountain bikers are on thin ice with the parks. they don't care if the conditions were fine for this one day. they just see bikers riding passed clearly marked Closed Trail signs. they will take note. and so will anti-mountain bikers in the area. so when you're in a meeting trying to get access at some place like Watchung, these anti-bikers will bring up this type of stuff to use against us. they don't care about the one day conditions that were primo... they just care about the fact bikers totally f-d up the trails in the first place and disregarded the rules. we will lose access.

so please think of the bigger picture and lead by example. respect the park's closure. respect the people who donate their time and money to build and repair these trails. just wait until the trails are officially open before heading back to six mile.

end rant.

Happy to know that Six mile is still closed because I would have been mad after driving down from North Jersey to see those signs. I'm willing to do some trail work when a group is ready. I like doing that stuff.;)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions