6 Mile Run Conditions

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I was at those massive turnout TM days. It was actually too much - it was a lot of people management.

I know that sounds discouraging, but it shouldn’t be. Just means more says with the group’s broken up.

qclabrat

I was at those massive turnout TM days. It was actually too much - it was a lot of people management.

I know that sounds discouraging, but it shouldn’t be. Just means more says with the group’s broken up.
True, the best crews are the ones High Tech sends over to CR. Those guys can bang out jobs we couldn't do in twice the time. Also there isn't much work being done on the weekends at 6mr for obvious reasons.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

I agree, I was at the two white trail ones and the 28 logs cut. Still, went from huge to 3.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
True, the best crews are the ones High Tech sends over to CR. Those guys can bang out jobs we couldn't do in twice the time. Also there isn't much work being done on the weekends at 6mr for obvious reasons.

TMs are wildly hard to manage. Over the last few years I’ve held fewer TMs and mostly done work on weekday mornings with a small crew.

This year may be different, but the work will be less glamorous than cutting new trails. As soon as we see a run of dry days above freezing I will begin to move dirt again and hopefully contain the damage from a long, warm and wet winter season.

I’ll also note that if we continue to see these types of winters, there may be more strict restrictions on access.

TPI_Elky

TMs are wildly hard to manage. Over the last few years I’ve held fewer TMs and mostly done work on weekday mornings with a small crew.

This year may be different, but the work will be less glamorous than cutting new trails. As soon as we see a run of dry days above freezing I will begin to move dirt again and hopefully contain the damage from a long, warm and wet winter season.

I’ll also note that if we continue to see these types of winters, there may be more strict restrictions on access.

Do you have another thread for voluteers to join in? I can't do much, but I can help out when I'm in the area for a few hours every Sat.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
The trails are still closed, but some people don’t care

E9724A75-00BC-4FA4-A53B-B66E64A57C07.jpeg

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I shot him a PM on Instagram.
wood love to know if he responds....

Was thinking of commenting something like... ""Thought the trails were closed due to people riding in the mud and destroying the thousands of hours of volunteer work that goes into maintaining the park. Is it open again? Still looks pretty soft and mushy"

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Was thinking of commenting something like... ""Thought the trails were closed due to people riding in the mud and destroying the thousands of hours of volunteer work that goes into maintaining the park. Is it open again? Still looks pretty soft and mushy"

should do . . . .

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Why beat around the bush? Just send him a screenshot of the announcement that says the trails are closed.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions