Nassau Group Ride 5/26

Screenshot_20180522-202657_Chrome.jpg

I really have no idea wtf you're talking about, lol. I'm pretty sure you quoted the wrong post tho

New to MTB in NJ. Just arrived from South Africa and have no MTB friends. Can I come? What terrain is expected? Any more info on the ride? Thanks! Chris
Sure it's open to all Chris
Where do you live and where have you been riding? Mostly dirt and roots, minimal climbing

New to MTB in NJ. Just arrived from South Africa and have no MTB friends. Can I come? What terrain is expected? Any more info on the ride? Thanks! Chris

Welcome!
This will be a fun, and very social ride.

It is all single track with limited tech other than some trail-side log rides, a couple of rock walls that have been lowered, and a log or two.

This should give you an idea of the elevation changes.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1560271808

Enjoy!

Sure it's open to all Chris
Where do you live and where have you been riding? Mostly dirt and roots, minimal climbing
Live in West Windsor NJ near Princeton. In South Africa I got used to rocky climbs but havent developed the balls to ride down at speed on my 26r. Got a 29r recently and am getting used to completely different NJ terrain which is wetter, muddier and full of wet roots on climbs turns and descents. Looks like will need to learn to bunny hop logs which I cant do now so I switched to flat pedals to make sure I dont cheat. Not a fast rider but I enjoy climbs. Hope that's a good intro. Will probably join you guys on the ride on the 26th..looking forward to meeting all/some of you.

Live in West Windsor NJ near Princeton. In South Africa I got used to rocky climbs but havent developed the balls to ride down at speed on my 26r. Got a 29r recently and am getting used to completely different NJ terrain which is wetter, muddier and full of wet roots on climbs turns and descents. Looks like will need to learn to bunny hop logs which I cant do now so I switched to flat pedals to make sure I dont cheat. Not a fast rider but I enjoy climbs. Hope that's a good intro. Will probably join you guys on the ride on the 26th..looking forward to meeting all/some of you.
Try some NNJ parks like Jungle or Ringwood as well. Might feel closer to what you are used to.

wait till the summer when everything is dry and dusty, if you want to like home. Damp Springs, dry Summers, leafy Falls and snowy Winters, got it all here in the Garden State.
A few years back we talked about bucket list rides, and there was mention of a trek between Botswanna and SA, interested in hearing more about your ride experiences overseas.
Start a new thread and introduce yourself :)

Yes. They have great beer on tap and really good burgers. It's a great spot with a couple tables outside in front which would be good to sit at after a good ride.

Circa has the Best Burgers around in my opinion... And I said that before I knew Rudy.

If I can weasel my way out of taking my daughter to swimming lessons on Sat morning, I will try and join.

Circa has the Best Burgers around in my opinion... And I said that before I knew Rudy.

If I can weasel my way out of taking my daughter to swimming lessons on Sat morning, I will try and join.

My son's lacrosse practice was cancelled for the holiday weekend. :)

Is that for safety reasons or to protect the trails?
To prevent trail damage. Some parks are more susceptible to damage than others. Six Mile Run is notorious for poor drainage because of the soil composition. The ruts formed, and the widening of trails from people going around gets pretty bad. MTB access is not a guarantee in NJ, and we don't want to give them any reasons to revoke access.

Some of the rockier trails farther north handle the rain much better, but it's usually best to check the trail conditions thread, or post up asking if anyone has local current knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom