Nassau Group Ride 5/26

carvegybe

wait till the summer when everything is dry and dusty, if you want to like home. Damp Springs, dry Summers, leafy Falls and snowy Winters, got it all here in the Garden State.
A few years back we talked about bucket list rides, and there was mention of a trek between Botswanna and SA, interested in hearing more about your ride experiences overseas.
Start a new thread and introduce yourself :)
Afraid my SA experience is limited only to the area where I lived near Johannesburg - so a separate thread is probably overkill.

carvegybe

To prevent trail damage. Some parks are more susceptible to damage than others. Six Mile Run is notorious for poor drainage because of the soil composition. The ruts formed, and the widening of trails from people going around gets pretty bad. MTB access is not a guarantee in NJ, and we don't want to give them any reasons to revoke access.

Some of the rockier trails farther north handle the rain much better, but it's usually best to check the trail conditions thread, or post up asking if anyone has local current knowledge.
And Mercer County Park? It is a short ride away from me and I have, in my ignorance, displaced some mud there already. Have I been naughty?

qclabrat

Is that for safety reasons or to protect the trails?
the water has no where to go and collects in the ruts, and get worst with time. If you see ruts when you ride, it's probably a good choice to call it a day despite the drive to a trailhead.
1527096516957.png

1527096538931.png

qclabrat

And Mercer County Park? It is a short ride away from me and I have, in my ignorance, displaced some mud there already. Have I been naughty?
most trails are covered by a separate thread for conditions, below is the one for MCP
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/mercer-county-park-conditions.16102/page-44

if in question, I see that @stb222 is a local and could give you a good idea whether the park is good to ride
Spring is a fickle time in NJ for riding, we'll give you a pass, but it's great that you're asking about it

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Yeah, don't do that.

The van nest / marina side is failry bullet proof except for the "normal spots" and really wet periods like the last two weeks. I'd say give it a few more days.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How about keeping on topic.

I fully expect the Nassau trails to be good to go for Saturday. I will do a quick recon on Friday just to make certain.

Again,
Meet at 9
Wrap up around 1115 -1130
Lunch around 12ish.

carvegybe

ekuhn

I'll be attending. Never been and been wanting to go here for a while. Looking forward to it.

Po123

Bumping this up, so don't make any plans for Saturday afternoon this holiday weekend!

Hoping for a great day. Weather wise.

As stated above, we will meet at 9AM at the main lot.

If there is any interest,. I can kick off an advanced ride at 8AM where we will meet at the Columbia Trail lot, hit the newer pump track stuff (if it's clear), and then venture for a quick ride through Voorhees and then make it to Nassau just in time for the main all-skill-level, all inclusive group ride.

Let me know if anyone wants to do this. I need firm confirmation. And we need to be wheels down at 8AM to make sure we're at the Nassau lot at 9.

Also don't forget Lunch at Circa afterwards. Which as I mentioned is MTB'r owned and a huge advocate of the trails in high bridge, so let's show him some love and have a good turnout.

See you Saturday.
In for the 8:00 start, where is the Columbia trail lot?

jklett

I'm going to try again(9 am right?), I missed the last ride at this park and tagged along with someone else and really enjoyed the place. Looking forward to meeting yall.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If Mare and some dude from South Africa are going, I think I should go.

In for 9, will try for 8 but coming off nightshift so dunno about that.

Might head to the BB crit after if the weather holds.

Top Bottom