Bike shop boycott NRA?

There are no easy solutions to gun control.

I do not want to be in charge, but if you ask my opinion -

Because 2nd amendment is in constitution, gun control should be a Federal Government task.

Must be 21 to purchase a gun.

Just like a Car or a Motorcycle license, a test and a background check should be given. During the test gun use and gun safety class must be attended and passed. The gun license will also need to be renewed every 4 years, when new background check is done. The government could also ask for gun inspection every 4 years for some class of weapons, like Assault Rifles (to make sure they have not been illegally modified or converted to full auto).

Do away with private gun sales, a licensed dealer must be involved in every transaction and Feds could require if you buy a lot of guns you proof that you still own them. Say you bought 15 hand guns last year, you must show proof that all of these guns are still in your possession.

Every gun owner must also carry gun insurance for every gun purchased. Hunting and target guns (single shot 22) will carry minimal insurance and AKs and ARs will be more expensive to own.

Make gun dealers and game wardens do all the tests and inspections.

Assault rifle’s are weapons of war. there is no way 18-year-old kid should be able to buy a weapon of war. the NRA is 100% to blame for supporting people being able to buy assault rifles. we are talking about guns which are a hobby for most people. people do not buy assault rifles to shoot deer, that’s like going hunting with an RPG. The founding fathers never envisioned an assault rifle, to them, guns were muskets. How many kids would that killer have killed if all he could get was a musket? Think about it.

Assault rifle’s are weapons of war. there is no way 18-year-old kid should be able to buy a weapon of war. the NRA is 100% to blame for supporting people being able to buy assault rifles. we are talking about guns which are a hobby for most people. people do not buy assault rifles to shoot deer, that’s like going hunting with an RPG. The founding fathers never envisioned an assault rifle, to them, guns were muskets. How many kids would that killer have killed if all he could get was a musket? Think about it.

They never envisioned the internet either.
Most state don't allow you to hunt deer with the ammunition used in an AR15 because it's too weak and won't humanly take the animal

The second amendment has nothing to do about hunting, and muskets were the assault rifle of the day. And this killer was a serial killer. He was a sociopath, tortured animals, just like Dhamer, Gasey, etc. Only difference was he killed his victims all at once vs. over the course of weeks/months. This guy was gonna kill people gun or not.

The NRA released a statement. This seems to be the focal point of it..

Let it be absolutely clear,” the organization said in a statement. “The loss of a discount will neither scare nor distract one single NRA member from our mission to stand and defend the individual freedoms that have always made America the greatest nation in the world.

I don't know, I think membership is going to go up.......

An "assault rifle" is just a semi-auto rifle that's lighter, more compact and has a larger magazine. You can basically turn any semi-auto hunting rifle into one.

Let it be absolutely clear,” the organization said in a statement. “The loss of a discount will neither scare nor distract one single NRA member from our mission to stand and defend the individual freedoms that have always made America the greatest nation in the world.

I renewed my membership yesterday....

unfortunately, when picturing this, i envision charlton heston standing on-high waving a gun and proclaiming it.

It's the bad look that @SCOTTscale mentioned.
Instead of starting the statement with the membership, it should have started with the freedoms of the american people, and that many
are looking to place the blame...their mission to uphold....take every chance to participate in dialog....
MARKETING!

would show they understand - this is just preaching to the membership that they are under attack,
and should dig in. (maybe intentionally, still a bad choice imho)

when @Monkey Soup talks about having guns as kids, and everyone did, i get it. we all had bb guns, and if your foot was sticking out from behind something, you were going
to get a 1-pump in the ankle. nobody got hurt. we were mostly shooting cans and bottles.
We went to PA and shot-up stuff, sometimes at a range, so we could try out cool weapons. kids don't play with guns for fun anymore if they live anywhere near civilization.

The youth is where the narrative will change. they are growing up with this, afraid the weird kid is going to go postal (remember that term?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim
Some guy in Massachusetts just killed a man with a knife. Anyone with knives should be ashamed. Knives kill people. Boycott all knife companies. There were drunk driving deaths. Ban cars. Boycott car companies. Cars kill people. Stay away from anyone who has access to and uses a car.

How many kids would that killer have killed if all he could get was a musket? Think about it.
How many people would he have killed if he rented a truck and filled it with home made explosives and drove it into a crowd of people. How much stuff do you want to ban? Again, weapons are inanimate objects. We need to focus on mental health not just go after every killers weapon of choice.

How did this kid even get into the school?

I think he walked right in. I know a lot of schools have single points of entry, but I think a kid would blend in and get in regardless.

It's a sad and scary world when we need to have ID entry cards, metal detectors, and armed guards at every school.

I think there's a business model for a private school, with mediocre teachers, but with top notch security. Parents would be all over that.

Truly sad.

How did this kid even get into the school?

He entered a little before school ended so the gates were open, then he pulled the fire alarm to prevent the doors from being locked campus wide. The school was suppose to upgrade the fire system in 2014 to allow a "Code Red" event to overide the unlocking of the door by the fire alarm.

The NRA is an advocacy group. they advocate for the second ammendment. They are up against gun control advocacy groups who want to remove all guns from the culture.
The term "common sense" is thrown around all the time to make things sound like a good idea. I'm kind of tired of the over use of the term. The gun control groups push their narrative with ties to "common sense" and data to fit their narrative. In truth, the NRA tries to sugar coat their side too....I'm not blind to that. However as a whole their data tends to be more factual while the other sides tends to be less.

I personally have no problem with stronger background checks, longer wait periods, mandatory training and increased scrutiny for certain levels of firearms and definitely disallowing some. However I also want due process and innocence before guilt cooked into things too. Right now individual states try to fling new laws in all the the time and the NRA points out holes in them that turn honest individuals into criminals instantly. Due process is blatanly missing from a lot of things. The mental health thing scares the hell out of me. First because of the morons out there we should fear and second because laws and intent are trying to identify questionable people but not necessarily with due process to sort out a mistake. I went to my local doctor a month ago for a cut on my foot. His nurse had a questionaire that she was mandanted to read to me with mental health questions on it. How do you feel, are you depressed, have you ever been depressed. I was like whoa. Oh and here comes the NJ law to go with it....on the list for an assembly vote on Wednesday.
1519568737190.png

I have not read this bill. But I've seen others from other states where holes are poked in them to show a comlete lack of due process and I fear that.

In some instances law makers try to quick put stuff through without normal filing periods to get it voted on before people catch on. New York's "Safe Act" was one of those gems. Right now NJ, one of the more restrictive states relative to gun control is trying to cram 7 new gun control bills in with a vote by Wednesday and as I understand very little notice so people don't attend the hearings.

The term give an inch take a mile is why I lean NRA. Control groups try to get a new restriction and use that as the springboard for the next restriction.

Last edited:
There are no easy solutions to gun control.

I do not want to be in charge, but if you ask my opinion -

Because 2nd amendment is in constitution, gun control should be a Federal Government task.

Must be 21 to purchase a gun.

Just like a Car or a Motorcycle license, a test and a background check should be given. During the test gun use and gun safety class must be attended and passed. The gun license will also need to be renewed every 4 years, when new background check is done. The government could also ask for gun inspection every 4 years for some class of weapons, like Assault Rifles (to make sure they have not been illegally modified or converted to full auto).

Do away with private gun sales, a licensed dealer must be involved in every transaction and Feds could require if you buy a lot of guns you proof that you still own them. Say you bought 15 hand guns last year, you must show proof that all of these guns are still in your possession.

Every gun owner must also carry gun insurance for every gun purchased. Hunting and target guns (single shot 22) will carry minimal insurance and AKs and ARs will be more expensive to own.

Make gun dealers and game wardens do all the tests and inspections.

Yes this. Treat gun ownership like automobile ownership. It's not a right but a privilege. License, registration, insurance, inspection,retest and pass all the costs associated onto the end user. This will not 100% eliminate guns getting into the wrong hands but it will reduce the number of wrongful shootings.

Of course the NRA will refute this because it would greatly cut down on the need for the $NRA$.

Yes this. Treat gun ownership like automobile ownership. It's not a right but a privilege. License, registration, insurance, inspection,retest and pass all the costs associated onto the end user. This will not 100% eliminate guns getting into the wrong hands but it will reduce the number of wrongful shootings.

Of course the NRA will refute this because it would greatly cut down on the need for the $NRA$.

NJ is restrictive enough already. Firearms ID card with full local, state, and Federal background checks and mental health checks. This is just for long guns. For each handgun application the process is repeated including mental health checks. You have a certain amount of time to buy a handgun before it expires. You want another handgun a year later? Repeat the entire process, in case you’ve gone cray cray in the last year. I’m not letting someone into my house to inspect the firearms that I already had to jump through hoops to buy. And what exactly would the “test” be? Seeing how I already passed a litany of tests.

How will this do anything to prevent criminal from getting or using guns?
How about we require States and the government to actually submit data to the NICS system. Massachusetts was given over $2,000,00.00 and only submit on mental health record to NICS. Maryland got $10,000,000.00 and only submitted 485. Both States claim to be strong gun control states, get they are doing nothing to prevent the mentally ill from getting gun.
In 2010 15,000 felon tried to buy guns thru NICS, there were only 44 prosecutions

We have laws in place, the government isn't following their own laws.

I forgot all about NICS. So even after the battery of checks, they run a NICS check on you at time of purchase. And if you try to buy a handgun within 31 days of your last one, say you did the math wrong and it’s day 30, you will be getting a visit from the state police. NJ does not need any more gun laws, but I’m sure Governor Dracula will put more through to appease his party.

Back
Top Bottom