Guns

A better weapon. Do not try breaking into my house.

If you love hunting and/or target shooting try Halo. Same thrill, no one gets hurt. Otherwise, guns kill. Always have and always will.

I assume you're joking, but even if you're not; Please don't.. It is not an impulse buy nore should it be.

I've been teetering on this for years ever since I had kids. It must be the protection instinct.

Hearing these perspectives and real world situations is REAL and un-debatable.

Fear is a real emotion and something I share - will having a gun fix that? Not sure but exploring the fear may be another way to handle it.
Sense of security is also a real emotion and something I wish to have - will a gun help? Not sure
Safety is a concern which has me backing away from it - Can I have it and also know my kids won't blow their heads off? Yep
Killing another person or animal is something I never want to do - So why own it...

First part is respecting them yourself. 2nd part is the kids and 3rd is having the quick access safe.

This^

No matter what side of the fence you are on, gun safety should be taught to kids.

They are not toys and should not be treated as such, ever.

Just because you don't own a gun does not mean your child won't come across one (legally owned or not) at school, at a friends house, or even find one used in a crime and "tossed".

At the very least, talk to your kids frankly about them. Please.

I've been teetering on this for years ever since I had kids. It must be the protection instinct.

Fear is a real emotion and something I share - will having a gun fix that? Not sure but exploring the fear may be another way to handle it.
Sense of security is also a real emotion and something I wish to have - will a gun help? Not sure
Safety is a concern which has me backing away from it - Can I have it and also know my kids won't blow their heads off? Yep
Killing another person or animal is something I never want to do - So why own it...
Education is the only way to truly validate your emotions on this subject.

I don't want to kill anyone or animals, but being defenseless is something I will never allow especially with a family. So I took some step to stop that. Spent a lot of years learning martial art and many years shooting. Everyone needs to make their own choices, I respect that people don't want guns and have made a choice on how they want to protect themselves and their families. All I ask is that I am allowed to protect mine the way I choose

Most of the time I determine if its an emotional thing or not. If it is, I pause.
I think the lack of exposure to guns contributes to your emotions- it's the unknown things you question- very much like 27.5 wheels.... "You don't know till ya know......."
Let's plan a ride and shoot outing. We could set up targets on a trail and try to hit them while riding. I'm getting pretty good at taking selfies while riding, how much harder could this be?
definitely not here in nj

I don't want to kill anyone or animals, but being defenseless is something I will never allow especially with a family. So I took some step to stop that. Spent a lot of years learning martial art and many years shooting. Everyone needs to make their own choices, I respect that people don't want guns and have made a choice on how they want to protect themselves and their families. All I ask is that I am allowed to protect mine the way I choose
This!!! I feel exactly the same way.

I shot competitvely since I was kid up until college. I was a pretty good shot back in the day. Made it to to high Sharpshooter rank (just before Distinguished Rifleman) as a junior with the CMP (DCM) before I lost interest. My father is a licensed dealer and instructor. He also could be considered a "gun nut" with the size of his collection. I have been around guns most of my life.

I don't have a gun in the house because of kids. If you have a gun in your house and it is "at the ready" and you have kids or kids visit your house, trust me, they can get to it. I know that because I did. I figured my way into the Fort Knox of gun cases as a pre-teen. If you have kids and guns, and your kids haven't been subjected to hours of Eddie Eagle, there is a chance something tragic can happen. Lock them up. Then lock them up again.

I now have a crossbow in the house. I use it mainly for groundhog control and I hit targets in the backyard when I am really bored. There is no way my kids are cocking that thing and if it ever is used for personal protection, it won't go through multiple walls like a bullet.

I am hunter, and like I target shooting, but a fun day is a day shooting sporting clays. A golf course of different situations shooting at clay birds is a good time. If you have shot skeet, but not sporting clays, give it a try.

I shot competitvely since I was kid up until college. I was a pretty good shot back in the day. Made it to to high Sharpshooter rank (just before Distinguished Rifleman) as a junior with the CMP (DCM) before I lost interest. My father is a licensed dealer and instructor. He also could be considered a "gun nut" with the size of his collection. I have been around guns most of my life.

I don't have a gun in the house because of kids. If you have a gun in your house and it is "at the ready" and you have kids or kids visit your house, trust me, they can get to it. I know that because I did. I figured my way into the Fort Knox of gun cases as a pre-teen. If you have kids and guns, and your kids haven't been subjected to hours of Eddie Eagle, there is a chance something tragic can happen. Lock them up. Then lock them up again.

I now have a crossbow in the house. I use it mainly for groundhog control and I hit targets in the backyard when I am really bored. There is no way my kids are cocking that thing and if it ever is used for personal protection, it won't go through multiple walls like a bullet.

I am hunter, and like I target shooting, but a fun day is a day shooting sporting clays. A golf course of different situations shooting at clay birds is a good time. If you have shot skeet, but not sporting clays, give it a try.
Clay shooting... So fun!
Cross bow- just shot one Monday. It's a beast and needs a crank to pull back string.

Back
Top Bottom