Halters / JORBA Membership Drive!

The MTBNJ community has really embraced this membership drive. ANOTHER member, wishing to remain anonymous, would like to sponsor two NEW members at the basic level. They are specifically requesting to sponsor two folks who have never joined but are willing to check out JORBA and be a part of our unified voice of mountain bikers.

Same deal: pm me if interested. The first two who meet the criteria win. Your identity will not be known outside of my pm box and the resident bear-hugging trail riding envelope stuffing fat biking wookie.

The MTBNJ community has really embraced this membership drive. ANOTHER member, wishing to remain anonymous, would like to sponsor two NEW members at the basic level. They are specifically requesting to sponsor two folks who have never joined but are willing to check out JORBA and be a part of our unified voice of mountain bikers.

Same deal: pm me if interested. The first two who meet the criteria win. Your identity will not be known outside of my pm box and the resident bear-hugging trail riding envelope stuffing fat biking wookie.
You forgot beer drinking. ;)

I just read a pm from the most recent donor: These are not basic memberships. I will leave the level as a surprise to the two winners. Suffice to say that jorbaschwag will be coming your way if you win one of these.

^ Why is it us against them? I am a member of both groups. I can't imagine that every one of those members thinks they should have the trails to themselves or is otherwise "anti-mountain-biking". I wonder if "their" representation is trying to achieve harmony or just trying to keep all the trails to themselves. I know JORBA isn't trying to get trails to ourselves, but is fine sharing. Maybe it would be good to share the main things "they" don't like about "us", so we can all do a better job with public perceptions of mountain-bikers.

And of course, everybody who routinely rides a mountain bike needs to join JORBA.

^ Why is it us against them? I am a member of both groups. I can't imagine that every one of those members thinks they should have the trails to themselves or is otherwise "anti-mountain-biking". I wonder if "their" representation is trying to achieve harmony or just trying to keep all the trails to themselves. I know JORBA isn't trying to get trails to ourselves, but is fine sharing. Maybe it would be good to share the main things "they" don't like about "us", so we can all do a better job with public perceptions of mountain-bikers.

And of course, everybody who routinely rides a mountain bike needs to join JORBA.
It's them against us. None of "us" really even know that they are against us. But they do some pretty malicious things to "us"

Wow I must live under a rock I have no clue who "they" are. All I know is the trail work that gets done is not specific to any user group.
We all want the multi-use trails to stay that way.
and a huge thank you go out to everyone who has joined or renewed.
Oh and how did we celebrate once we hit 420 ?

Back on topic, we still have two donated and high level memberships to give away, anonymously, to two new members. Pm me for deets.

For the numbers folks: 1 in every 20,833 NJ residents are JORBA members. Let's get it to 1 in every 17,583!! :D

Back
Top Bottom