Halters Cycles 31/31 Contest. July 2015 $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went on another short ride this afternoon with the kids. Just another half hour and no Strava link yet. Wearing my medium shirt for @rick81721

image.jpg

7.5 hours of hiking. Drove an hour and a half home and hopped on the bike for an hour and a half of easy cool riding. Ugh.

Didn't get the chance to post on the first two days. Three off-road to start it off …

7/1
7/2
7/3

And in all three of these rides, I only have one photo … need to up my game on the photos …

19355214161_5aa41b2f36_b.jpg

Thursday morning in Wissahickon ...

Well... Day 3 and it looks like I might be out... I did ride today, but as I feared, my antique (over 4 yrs old) phone couldn't hold a charge for a 3 hr ride down in MD today and didn't save when it crapped out. A couple of the guys I was riding with had GPS units so they're going to email the file to me and see if I can upload it. For tomorrow, I may have to stop tracking an hour or so in to save the ride before the phone dies... I've needed a new phone for awhile and it looks like I pushed it too far... :oops:

J31-3 Knock three times
http://app.strava.com/activities/338480169

Did the usual Sunday ride with the Mrs. It's only Friday. #winning
Great day, and mostly in the shade which was good with the late start.

photo1_zpsf5988b27.jpg

photo2_zps32deea36.jpg

I guess I better not get caught riding here, huh @fidodie ?
photo3_zps3fcb2797.jpg

On the ride back from the trailhead, we drove past my SiL at about the same spot on the same road we saw her the other day.
I'm beginning to think she's just a glitch in the matrix.

Bonus for @gtluke
Saw this today-
the thing on the left is the world's smallest hand dryer.
I think it's iOS
photo_zps5b0c08aa.jpg

I did do a second ride yesterday. Didnt do 5 hours like I wanted to. Just couldnt. When I got home I knew I was done for the day.

Hit Clayton and got my dh fix in, in a small way. Took it VERY slow on the climbs (i know some of you dont feel clayton has any) but smiled a lot on the downs. Saw some fella going in as we were leaving and he had a full face helmet on. I told Hubby "he's not here to have any fun ;)" To end the day right, I went to say hi to the gang at Halters and stop off at the sweet shop for a cupcake. I earned it.

Also entered a hairy leg contest. Guess which is mine.

Attachments

• P7036849.JPG
    P7036849.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 123
Day 4
Ride 5

23+ miles of dirt & sand, almost exactly 2 hours. Will post links later. That's about 10.5 hours so far. Lagging but we should get another ride in later with the kids.

image.jpg

Day 4: > 12.5% of the challenge complete.

Rode 6 MR. Blue had a few mud holes, orange was wet in a few corners, red was bone dry. Conditions were good overall.

Waiting for my riding buddy, so I took a pic:
20150704_070201.jpg

Saw a bunch of deer. Here's one:
20150704_082928.jpg

This little guy was near my car. I dont know what he's pulling, but he's got high hopes. Oops, there goes another banana tree plant and all that crap.
20150704_085117.jpg

http://app.strava.com/activities/338822616

Haven't got out yet today and the good camera isn't coming, but a crappy cell pic from yesterday's ride:
I see @Dominique 's prancing (almost about to loop out there) horse
I see @Norm 's turtle x-ing sign (i've saved about 20 of the little guys this year, something with all the rain is leading them to kamikaze)
I see @gtluke 's noble rooster
I raise you all one weird egyptian cat thing:
[GALLERY=media, 560]IMG_20150703_145439552 by icolquhoun posted Jul 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM[/GALLERY]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom