• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
Really happy with the drivetrain on the Kenevo expert. Really good idea to only have one shift at a time with the sram gx e shifter. Chain lasted 600 miles and I swapped it with the KMC 12 e chain. Still shifting like a champ.

Christini has been building an AWD e-bike for awhile now.

2022-Fat-5-Ultra-Tan-Integrated-Downtube-L.jpg

Looks like an awesome combination of fun and absolute insanity. I'm sure if I bought one of these, we would never see snow again.

edit: although I have to admit, the Yamaha drop-bar version looks like the ultimate commuter e-bike.

Last edited:
Dear Specialized owners and/or shops. I need a pile of E-Bikes to finish the last part of my Master Tech Cert so if you want me to check out your bike or do a repair/warranty assessment for your shop hit me up. It will all be on Specialized so just get it to me and I'll take care of the rest. Or, I can probaly come to your shop if you send me the serial number of the bike in question so I can bring parts.

Dear Specialized owners and/or shops. I need a pile of E-Bikes to finish the last part of my Master Tech Cert so if you want me to check out your bike or do a repair/warranty assessment for your shop hit me up. It will all be on Specialized so just get it to me and I'll take care of the rest. Or, I can probaly come to your shop if you send me the serial number of the bike in question so I can bring parts.
Hey Steve! I just got a new turbo levo about 6 weeks ago and have maybe 60 - 70 miles on it, but hard miles. Was going to brink back to Hilltop in madison for a full check up and adjustment soon. Not sure if I was going to do any upgrades near term, but open to ideas. If any of this helps you just hit me up. 👍

Hey Steve! I just got a new turbo levo about 6 weeks ago and have maybe 60 - 70 miles on it, but hard miles. Was going to brink back to Hilltop in madison for a full check up and adjustment soon. Not sure if I was going to do any upgrades near term, but open to ideas. If any of this helps you just hit me up. 👍

If it’s not a hassle to drop it by Summit that would be sweet. I don’t need to do any upgrades just a basic service and check over 😍

Dear Specialized owners and/or shops. I need a pile of E-Bikes to finish the last part of my Master Tech Cert so if you want me to check out your bike or do a repair/warranty assessment for your shop hit me up. It will all be on Specialized so just get it to me and I'll take care of the rest. Or, I can probably come to your shop if you send me the serial number of the bike in question so I can bring parts.
Do you feel the Levo Turbo is one of the best ebikes out there? I ran into a guy at High Mtn and he said he researched a while and found it checked all the boxes. He did say that carbon rims, etc were probably overkill and could go cheaper with alloy. What does Jim/Steve Vai say?

Do you feel the Levo Turbo is one of the best ebikes out there? I ran into a guy at High Mtn and he said he researched a while and found it checked all the boxes. He did say that carbon rims, etc were probably overkill and could go cheaper with alloy. What does Jim/Steve Vai say?

The Levo is pretty hard to beat, there’s really not another platform built from the ground up by a single company so they have complete control over how the bike rides. Everyone else buys a motor and firmware from a 3rd party and builds a bike around it. Not that doesn’t end up with a good product, but it’s not ideal because when an issue comes up down the road the manufacturer of the frame will pawn it off down the line. We have like a dozen demo bikes that you’re more than welcome to take out.

The Levo is pretty hard to beat, there’s really not another platform built from the ground up by a single company so they have complete control over how the bike rides. Everyone else buys a motor and firmware from a 3rd party and builds a bike around it. Not that doesn’t end up with a good product, but it’s not ideal because when an issue comes up down the road the manufacturer of the frame will pawn it off down the line. We have like a dozen demo bikes that you’re more than welcome to take out.
Thank you Jim. How do you feel about carbon vs alloy on emtb's?

Looks like an awesome combination of fun and absolute insanity. I'm sure if I bought one of these, we would never see snow again.

edit: although I have to admit, the Yamaha drop-bar version looks like the ultimate commuter e-bike.
Wouldn't it make more sense to use a front hub motor to drive the front wheel instead of routing a driveshaft through the bike?
I know it would increase unsprung weight but on this type of bike I don't think it would matter too much.

I actually demo'd an analog one many years, maybe decades, ago. I think it was at a 24 Hours of Allamuchy race. Although it was interesting I really didn't see the point of driving or putting down torque on the front wheel when you're climbing or sprinting because most of the weight is shifted towards the rear so any front traction is negligible. I can see how it would help in muddy slippery conditions and maybe rock gardens to help the front wheel get over some obstacles but not enough to justify the added complexity and weight. On an already heavy fat ebike maybe it makes more sense but in that case having a front hub motor would at least reduce the mechanical complexity by using rear wheel speed sensor to speed match the front wheel. Nobody is doing manuals or popping wheelies on this anyway so who cares about the weight.

Back
Top Bottom