Thursday Nights at Chimney Rock

No, just the bitterness in the replies. I don’t care if the ride happens…I just think it would be super beneficial to locals tryi g ro get stronger.

So you think people stopped being competitive because of the bitterness in the replies? WTF you talking about?

I think you answered a question I didn’t ask.

So you think people stopped being competitive because of the bitterness in the replies? WTF you talking about?

I think you answered a question I didn’t ask.
No, I think most stopped being competitive and the replies hint that with some bitterness.

haven’t gotten any KOMs lately though :(
How do you compare fitness? I feel I am the best racer I have ever been now, but not because of fitness. I was much stronger muscle wise with Arias in 2017/18 but now I feel I apply the power where needed and the free speed where it’s needed.

That’s because DT has them all.
No. I do have a couple though. What’s wrong with the Strava game? Any different than the Zwift game? It helps me train, keep in shape and vent stress. Thus why I don’t really burn out. Truthfully, I have not burned out on riding since I stepled on 2 wheels back when I was 5 or so. Even with motocross I could ride the same teack over and over all weekend long.

:popcorn: man I love this poop talk..

I used to hit these rides back in the day but got bored because they were too slow. ;*)
Then DT started going and says they were too fast?
To me they were fun times hanging with good friends, now I have grandkids to hang with. Life goes on. Move on DT. Said with love. Just don't move on from this thread please....

:popcorn: man I love this poop talk..

I used to hit these rides back in the day but got bored because they were too slow. ;*)
Then DT started going and says they were too fast?
To me they were fun times hanging with good friends, now I have grandkids to hang with. Life goes on. Move on DT. Said with love. Just don't move on from this thread please....
Congrats on grandpa life @Mitch ! I’ve always admired your ability to go fast on an ss. Even when complaining about all the meds and no HR haha. You still hammered.

No, I think most stopped being competitive and the replies hint that with some bitterness.

All of the regulars on this ride got other shit going on or they lost interest in racing. If you aren’t racing, this ride is less appealing. @woody @Kirt , @pooriggy, Clapp, non of them race. Woody is who knows where he is, lol. @mbruno just had a baby. And I don’t go into work so this is not on my way home anymore. So I’m not going to drive 45 minutes each way to get a hard ride in when I can do that with a 5 minute drive. Did I miss anyone?

There’s your answer. Without bitterness.

All of the regulars on this ride got other shit going on or they lost interest in racing. If you aren’t racing, this ride is less appealing. @woody @Kirt , @pooriggy, Clapp, non of them race. Woody is who knows where he is, lol. @mbruno just had a baby. And I don’t go into work so this is not on my way home anymore. So I’m not going to drive 45 minutes each way to get a hard ride in when I can do that with a 5 minute drive. Did I miss anyone?

All internet edgyness aside I appreciate all of you as riders and friends. MTBNJ is all in good fun…even @Norm 🤣. I think you missed @Mountainbikemike @BrianGT3 @Pearl (he was really gone before I started coming). It was fu. While it lasted. I don’t have such an ego that I can’t admit bei g dropped. I love hard rides where you need to try to hang on. I don’t avoid them like alot of people do. I think that is hiw you can grow stronger. It also teaches you technique and how to go hard easier. Just hoping a ride simar to this shows up in the central Jersey area again for the sake of continuing to build strong mtb riders.

No, just the bitterness in the replies. I don’t care if the ride happens…I just think it would be super beneficial to locals tryi g ro get stronger.
Just my long view observation this year of people in just this discussion

@jShort is still racing and did the hardest racing he's ever done this year with the 4 hr races... Correct me if I'm wrong Jeremy

@Pearl is doing a ton of racing and training and his results are pretty awesome.... I'd be kinda of worried that I couldn't slap him around anymore like I used to 😂

@Norm doesn't race anymore but that's 10 year old news... Still rides a ton and is as good as as I have ever seen him...

@Riggedfmx following him on IG.. Seems pretty competitive to me with the races he's doing 😊

As for me... I do WCW, it's not an xc work out... It's not the Thursday night pain train... But it's as painful bc the tech we are riding is so much harder... Different, but every bit as painful.... But it's also a much different vibe... I also just did the hardest race I have ever done with the burke ews... I mean I think I'm now the fastest version of myself and my bike handling skills are far better than they ever have been.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I find your observational skills questionable lol

This is a very difficult concept for someone people to understand 😉. Peoples lives change whether it’s day to day, week to week, or year to year. Wednesday night worlds or Thursday night hammer rides no longer become the priority. Just because the ride dies doesn’t mean that everyone got slow or lost interest. Comparing it to every other weekly coordinated ride only creates more misery…🙄

Clearly the attachment to the thought of this ride is causing suffering. Respect the time for what it once was and let it go.

Well this is all well and good. But if the ride ever makes a comeback, it’s not because of DT. Just making that clear ahead of time. lol

Back
Top Bottom