Compressor or Pump with a reserve tank?

God I love this pump. I did buy a quick push on valve though, I didn't care for the thread on version
Milwaukee M12 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Compact Inflator Kit W/4.0Ah Battery & Charger
  • Fastest cordless tire inflator: top-off a car tire in under 1 minutes (28 - 35 PSI)
  • Inflates car, LT truck, and compact equipment tires
  • REDLINK intelligence: true fill auto shut-off technology increases accuracy, protects from over-temp and over-fill
  • High efficiency pump and motor for true 120 PSI capability
  • Illuminated digital gauge with target and current pressure reading
Turn it on
set the pressure to what you'd like in the tire
put the hose on the valve, it reads the pressure in the tire
push the start button, it inflates to your setting and shuts off. done

portable and up to 120 psi
View attachment 74755
#crossiscoming

Personally, I've found that I use my air compressor all the time. For a little more or the same as the above booster you can get a nice oiled hotdog compressor (I bought a craftsman for $40 on craigslist a few years ago) that will easily fill tires (bike and car) and run trim nailers. It's great being the buddy with the air compressor - results in lots of free six packs!

I second this. I too have a small craftsman hot-dog compressor. Great for bike/car/MC tires, trim nailers , cleaning parts, even inflating pool toys and air mattresses. I've had it for years and now I don't think I could go back to not having it.

I bought this, and it's amazing.

Airshot Tubeless Tire Inflator 1.15l https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BJ4MXQY
Just to be sure, may I assume that you’ve successfully used the Airshot to mount the tires on your fatbike rims? I once tried using a Bontrager Charger floor pump to mount Surly Bud/Lou on my 65mm and 100mm rims and it didn’t have the oomph (admittedly, these tires were the non-tubeless ready versions sold before about a year ago). The Charger also failed to mount a Jumbo Jim 4.8 (tubeless ready) on an 80mm DTSwiss tubeless ready rim. So, I gave-up on the “portable” inflation options and went back to my annoyingly loud air compressor...

Just to be sure, may I assume that you’ve successfully used the Airshot to mount the tires on your fatbike rims?

I picked up a cheap set of 27.5 wheels for the fatty, and I used the Airshot to mount 27.5x3.8 Minions on it. No soap or water needed, and I only filled the airshot to like 100psi. I took the valve core out for the first one, but I left it in for the second, and it didn't make a difference. I'll report back someday when I try it on 4.8's.

I think i could take an old pump hose/head, and $5 worth of fittings and make one out of a 2 liter coke bottle.
then fill it with my compressor :D

Back
Top Bottom