This Day in History (Post up past events relative to the current date)

The Kalmyk

As we get older we forget some of the exciting event of our past. Good, bad,etc. Keep it reasonable so we can all in enjoy-?

This first post is worth every second so no cliche “can i have my time back” statement. I don’t remember where i was or who i was with but if i had to guess, my grandfather. For the younger folks on on the board- check it out. Tons of action.

35 Years Ago Today
Hitman vs Marvelous
April 15, 1985

Despite the result. They were both true warriors!

April 15, 1854,
off the coast of Brigantine Beach, New Jersey, the ship Powhatan ran aground on the shoals during a fierce storm.
The vessel broke in two and all on board died. Forty bodies washed ashore and were buried at Rum Point.
Additional bodies were later found and placed in a mass grave at the old Quaker cemetery in Smithville.
92830716_2828709613890847_7258517167149154304_o.jpg

As we get older we forget some of the exciting event of our past. Good, bad,etc. Keep it reasonable so we can all in enjoy-?

This first post is worth every second so no cliche “can i have my time back” statement. I don’t remember where i was or who i was with but if i had to guess, my grandfather. For the younger folks on on the board- check it out. Tons of action.

35 Years Ago Today
Hitman vs Marvelous
April 15, 1985

Not sure if a cliche' statement, but the only thing I find more boring than to watch a box match is watching a baseball game (or a soccer game for what is worth). I won't ask for my time back because I did not watch it...sorry. I've always found kind of disturbing watching two grown up beating each other to a pulp and even more so the enjoyment in watching...I know, I wired wrong like that.

BTW, in 1912 the RMS Titanic sank.

Last edited:
Not sure if a cliche' statement, but the only thing I find more boring than to watch a box match is watching a baseball game (or a soccer game for what is worth). I won't ask for my time back because I did not watch it...sorry. I've always found kind of disturbing watching two grown up beating each other to a pulp and even more so the enjoyment in watching...I know, I wired wrong like that.

BTW, in 1912 the RMS Titanic sank.
I respect your position.
Thank you

35 Years Ago Today
Hitman vs Marvelous
April 15, 1985

Brutal. 100% action. i used to love boxing as kid. Those were the golden years for me.
now, I’m more like serviceguy, it is disturbing, but I just watched it, and it was awesome.

not a world event but...

This is what i was shooting for- personal reflection. We have a lot of demands on our time on a daily basis. Sometimes we don’t chisel out a few minutes to give our past experiences deep(er) thought. I find there is so much shared knowledge out there now that practice has become watered down.

So in the instance of Alejandro’s first single track ride, what exactly stands out about the experience? Thanks in advance for sharing!

On this day in 1972, the Dead played a Danish college cafeteria, complete with students hanging from the rafters. The whole show is tasty - as is all of Europe '72 - but be sure to check out the Truckin> Other One insanity, as the Dead head off into some incredibly stirring territory.

Listen to the entire show at Grateful Dead of the Day:

On this day in 1997, I locked up my storage unit in Tempe, AZ, jumped in my '90 CRXsi with all of the essentials I could fit including my golf bag and two MTB's; a '90 something Balance and an '89 GT Timberline.

Headed back to Jersey for the summer as the company I worked for closed it's doors and my lease was up on my house. I took my time driving across the country mountain biking and listening to the Dead. Life was good as a late 20 something guy with a pocket full of money and absolutely no responsibilities.

23+ years later, I am still here in Jersey and wouldn't have traded it for the world. It's crazy how seemingly minor decisions in one's life can alter your path forever.

To keep this about bikes; below are photos of the bikes I had (Note: Not actually my personal bikes, but their doppelgangers.)

1587079417472.png

1587079445030.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom