Something Wicked - Final Chapter

downbeat007

THE FINAL CHAPTER
With this being the 10 year anniversary of Something Wicked Events, we have decided to “Seinfeld” the race and retire it after this cycle. We have watched many things happen during this campaign and saw folks achieve some great things. We have also had our share of sadness and loss as well. You all play a part in that and we are happy to have been there to witness it all.
Many of us have had our children grow up watching this race and then toeing the start line themselves. We have created a great, extended family and look forward to the reunion every year. Lots of talent comes from Long Island and we love to give it all a venue to showcase it.
This is a call to arms to everyone who has raced SW6 or plans to. Whether this is your potential first time, your return from a hiatus or you are a loyal repeat offender, we request your presence at this last race to properly add it to the annals of history and be amongst those who will scribe it.
We have increased the registration capacity to 400 this time and will be allowing day of racers in all classes. Be advised that the day of fee will be higher than the preregistration fee by $20 and may not guarantee a “special edition” tee shirt or pint glass. Get in there early!
We look forward to getting medieval on you all one last time. Get your houses in order, play time is over.
...FOLLOW ME
https://www.bikereg.com/41170#.XM9BEVmeO10.facebook

Hmmmmmmm....
E75761D4-67B8-4ADE-8133-2E382AC029EE.jpeg

I only did one with Mitch and the late great Schilling (RIP my brother. You are my screen saver on my computer- somehow @Mitch found his way in the photo). What a great Single Speed course it is.

Best of luck in the future. And perhaps a little tribute to the 2011 lose?

I only did one with Mitch and the late great Schilling (RIP my brother. You are my screen saver on my computer- somehow @Mitch found his way in the photo). What a great Single Speed course it is.

Best of luck in the future. And perhaps a little tribute to the 2011 lose?
I forgotten alot of things but not this day. I remember riding by as Schilling was sitting there at hour 4 and asking him wtf was he doing sitting there and not racing? He had this big WAWA sub in his hand and said Enjoying this sandwich. Think you were with him too lol.
Yes great event. I dont race anymore and only do about 4 laps but I will be there.
I truly love this event and the vibe is the best.
Plus I love the guys that run this event. All solid dudes.

In for this awesome event.

the first time I did this (think it was the 2nd annual) was the one we rode together. looking back that was probably my best race...not in that there was any podium involved (LOL) but that it unfolded exactly as we had planned for ourselves. no race goes as planned...but that one did. we had a pace and a final time in mind (6 laps in under 6 hours) and we maintained perfectly on track for 6 hours (each lap just below an hour). we actually got progressively faster... in fact I think laps 4 and 5 were our fastest. I only faltered with like a mile to go with cramps but still finished 6 laps under 6 hours with a few minutes to spare (with you finishing a few minutes ahead of me). still picture the spectators encouraging me to go for another lap and me saying "no mas" (was happy to hit my goal and last lap woulda been total torture with the leg cramps I had). the rigid singlespeed days

good event. well organized.

the first time I did this (think it was the 2nd annual) was the one we rode together. looking back that was probably my best race...not in that there was any podium involved (LOL) but that it unfolded exactly as we had planned for ourselves. no race goes as planned...but that one did. we had a pace and a final time in mind (6 laps in under 6 hours) and we maintained perfectly on track for 6 hours (each lap just below an hour). we actually got progressively faster... in fact I think laps 4 and 5 were our fastest. I only faltered with like a mile to go with cramps but still finished 6 laps under 6 hours with a few minutes to spare (with you finishing a few minutes ahead of me). still picture the spectators encouraging me to go for another lap and me saying "no mas" (was happy to hit my goal and last lap woulda been total torture with the leg cramps I had). the rigid singlespeed days

good event. well organized.

Exactly what you said!

Back
Top Bottom