Alexandria Pump Track - TM Sessions

Bob_WVP

JORBA: Round Valley
JORBA.ORG
Hi All,

Track Work at Alexandria Pump Track

On Saturday September 4th, Sunday Sept. 5th and Monday Sept. 6th, we will be working on the Alexandria Pump Track to resurface and expand the existing track. Trail master, Dave King (from Catty Woods) will be onsite to assist. This is a great opportunity to work along side one of East Coast’s premier trail designers and builders.

We will be working about 8-10 hours each day, so feel free to stop by and lend a hand at any point. We now have a water tank onsite! The fire department is going to fill the tank (1000 gal) before this weekend, so we will have the much needed water available for the build session. However, if you have a few water jugs, please bring them filled with water to the track so we can keep refilling the tank as needed.

Our plan is to continue to work despite the weather, so, rain or shine, we will be there. Hope to see as many of you as possible. Thanks in advance for your support and interest in making these grand improvements.

The Park is located at 242 Little York-Mount Pleasant Road, Milford, NJ 08848

Please bring hand tools if you have them (examples, flat and round shovels, wheel barrows)

http://www.alexandriapumptrack.com

That great that Dave King is lined up to help. He knows how to build fun objects out of dirt. But I'm kinda surprised he won't be at the Catty jam on Sat.

As much as I would love to move soil with Dave and you guys, I am going to be greedy and try and get out to 'vania to ride some amazing DJ trails.

As hypocritical as it is to say, if anyone is nearby and has any interest in learning about building dirt stuff, they should meet up with this crew. Dave is a legend builder and I am sure will come up with some wicked fun updates to this place. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

We made great progress today and really started to dial in the track. We worked from 8-8 and I'm mad tired :(

We added 2 table tops and 2 step ups/down.

The track is looking awesome!

Still plenty of work to do on Monday..

I just got back from vacation. I would have liked to been there for this. Any other TM day scheduled?

A lot got accomplished today, the track is looking amazing. Not sure of what days, but there will be some stuff to do this week.

Here's a couple pics I snapped today.

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

Those tabletops look real fun. How does the place run now after Dave King helped out? Anyone get vid of the place?

I hear that the grand re-opening is this Saturday. When I was there last weekend, it wasn't ready to ride yet.

Dave kept the basic structure of what was there and added a bunch more options. The new outer loop is where those table tops are located. This should flow pretty nice for anyone with decent skills (present company excluded) :eek:

That it is, got to get the one shot I got up today, then will put it up.
Edit: Actually two.
100_6437.jpg

100_6439.jpg

Last edited:
A few updates since the last post.

Grass seed has been laid down, which has started to grow.

Sign poles are up for the two advanced lines.

A few updates since the last post.

Grass seed has been laid down, which has started to grow.

Sign poles are up for the two advanced lines.

Great to hear. Small things (although they do take up time) like grass seed and sign poles will it looking good. Grass on the sides will hold all your work together as well.

bob that place looks (and rides) great. i got out there stupid early recently and had a blast. coming in from off the road, hitting that first lip by the picnic table and landing into that left turn berm is stupid smooth.

Back
Top Bottom