Colonoscopy, how long after...

I'm a proud recipient of the 10 year award - Dr cleared me for 10. Had the same chatting one minute, waking up the next experience others described. It's remarkable how quickly you go under then come back up.

The prep was interesting. It was a prescription of some kind that was mixed with water. I thought it tasted vaguely bad but my wife declared it the most vile thing she had ever tasted. This from a woman who likes broccoli (seriously, how can anyone like broccoli?).

I'm a proud recipient of the 10 year award - Dr cleared me for 10. Had the same chatting one minute, waking up the next experience others described. It's remarkable how quickly you go under then come back up.

The prep was interesting. It was a prescription of some kind that was mixed with water. I thought it tasted vaguely bad but my wife declared it the most vile thing she had ever tasted. This from a woman who likes broccoli (seriously, how can anyone like broccoli?).
Mine was mixed with 64oz of lemon Gatorade, 8oz every 15 minutes. Was not bad, just a tad salter. But then again, I love plain broccoli and brussel sprouts...

Got my cataract surgery yesterday at one of those surgery places so there was a guy next to me getting a colonoscopy and i overhead this terrible story. Get this:
He was there a week ago, in the waiting room ready to be called in and the power goes out. Transformer blew outside the place so all surgeries cancelled. Told him to go home and keep prepping bc the power would be sorted out and he'd have his procedure the next day...the power didn't get sorted out the next day, cancelled again. Then they rescheduled his surgery for the Monday after Super Bowl. Poor guy.

Got my cataract surgery yesterday at one of those surgery places so there was a guy next to me getting a colonoscopy and i overhead this terrible story. Get this:
He was there a week ago, in the waiting room ready to be called in and the power goes out. Transformer blew outside the place so all surgeries cancelled. Told him to go home and keep prepping bc the power would be sorted out and he'd have his procedure the next day...the power didn't get sorted out the next day, cancelled again. Then they rescheduled his surgery for the Monday after Super Bowl. Poor guy.
These are the things going through my head with this little snow storm…

Thursday for me. Colons crossed,, I mean fingers crossed.

Edit: I’m not going to read the story above till Friday. Something about power outage. Nope not until Friday

All I can say is I sure hope they have back up power to finish any surgeries if it goes out during surgery.
That's gotta be a requirement, I'd imagine. Can't imagine they'd risk starting a surgery on backup power though.
And all the equipment has a battery backup (anesthesia cart, x-ray machines, etc), though I don't know how long those batteries last.

Hospitals have giant generators. They won’t miss a beat

Horror story indeed. Are you sure your cataract surgery wasn’t on your ‘third’ eye? I never knew they performed the two procedure in adjacent spots…I would show up with a temporary tattoo on my ass stating ‘eye surgery only today, thank you!’…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom