- Stone Gate is a destination trail at Mahlon Dickerson located in the southern part of the park.
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="41.007858" lon="-74.586453" type="terrain" zoom=13> http://www.mtbnj.com/gps/mdr_stone_gate_section.kml
41.01175,-74.566606 Weldon Road - Ball Field (aka Picnic Area) From route 15, this lot is further along than the more popular Saffin Pond lot. Directions
41.007858,-74.586453 /Info\ Weldon Road - Saffin Pond Right off Weldon Road on the right side, gates open at around 8 AM. Directions /Photo\
40.989405,-74.58868 Weldon Road - Rock Rill Entrance Entrance is on a dirt road. Bear left and parking is up on the left. Directions
- Click the desired marker on the map above for directions (via Google Maps).
Details and Info
- Blaze: Yellow/Black
- Approaches: Yellow trail in southern part of park will get you to the bottom or top of Stone Gate. Beaver Brook will get you to the eastern-most part of Stone Gate.
- Miles: 1.25
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Trail Type: Singletrack, Doubletrack
- Surface Dirt
- Obstacles: Trail Obstacles, Rock Garden, Technical Trail Features
- Detailed Overview: Stone Gate is split into two parts divided by the highest point on the trail; a rock formation called Stone Gate. One half is smooth and flowing singletrack, the other moderately technical, yet still quite flowing, singletrack. Riding clockwise consists of the smoother part of the trail with a slight ascent followed by the technical descent. Riding counter-clockwise is a fairly big climb to the top.