Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thoughts on this?

https://zackees.com/

ZACKEES™ TURN SIGNAL GLOVES™
$69.95

Free Shipping in USA
2 sets of rechargeable coincell batteries and a charger included

Zackees’ award-winning Turn Signal Gloves are the latest, must-have safety innovation for cyclists. Simply press your thumb to your index finger to activate your LED blinker. Designed in California by a former Google Engineer, Zackees Turn Signal Gloves make it easy to communicate with cars. Put the power of signals in your hands.

• Premium efficiency, 54 lumen LED’s
  • Ambient Light Sensors to increase brightness 4x during the day and extend battery life 4x during the night
  • Genuine reinforced leather palms, comfortable Lycra Spandex
  • Two pairs of rechargeable coincell batteries and charger
  • Sleek, streamlined design – wearable, durable, and machine washable
  • Manufacturer’s Risk-Free One Year Warranty

SpartaBard

200.gif

mstyer

I stick my arm straight out to the side to indicate a turn. These would seem to require holding your fist up to have the arrow pointed correctly. That could confuse a driver as one of the optional signals for a right turn is to raise the left hand up.

jniot.gif

jumpa

I just point with whatever arm is on the inside of the turn. But I must admit after having a few close calls doing this and having my hand off the brake lever in the city, I signal less.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I stick my arm straight out to the side to indicate a turn. These would seem to require holding your fist up to have the arrow pointed correctly. That could confuse a driver as one of the optional signals for a right turn is to raise the left hand up.

jniot.gif

I have had people wave back at me when I am making a right turn...
now the question is do they even teach hand signals in drivers ed anymore?

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been following this company the last year and change as they have been developing and getting funds to grow and market this glove, and I see some value in the idea of it if not product itself. Im all for eliminating as much doubt as possible to the cars around me as to what my intentions are when/where I am turning. I always signal... my bike(and me) look like a carnival ride at night(i have head lamp, bar lamp, rear blink and Monkeylectic LED strips in both front and rear wheels) to make me visible, but I do see some application for this glove as many drivers don't understand the hand signals as @mike243 stated.

But would like to see them in a long finger model as most of my night riding is in fall/winter etc(not that you only have to wear them at night).

Brian

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Signaling with my arm is useless in the dark. I like this idea. Just this morning I came to an intersection and would have liked to have something like this. I think they need it on the front too, not just the back.

The Kalmyk

jniot.gif
Agree... Many drivers have no clue what bicyclist signal represent. Particularly the left hand going up for a right turn.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
If making a right turn, you point right. The reason for the upward left arm is if you're in some 1905 car without turn signals you stick your left arm out the window to indicate a right turn as the driver behind you won't see you pointing with your right arm.

There's reflective gloves that work well at night. They're oversized to fit over normal gloves. I'd prefer those as you don't have to worry about batteries, washing them after getting sweaty, etc.

-Steve

Dean S

I like these blinker gloves, pretty slick design. I wouldn't use em, I'm happy enough with a glo-glove on my left glove during the dark months. I think a blinker is a little overkill for right turns.
Over the past year I have had 2 frightening unexpected passes on my left when I was approaching an intersection, signaling left. Scared the crap out of me. Now I signal very conspicuously and peek in my mirror before making my turn to make sure no idiots are passing on my left.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
friend of mine "took the lane" cause, hey, we have a right to it... 50mph stretch of 523. freaked me out.

refer to previous stated rule of tonnage in other thread....

i'm taking all left turns with extreme caution - is it just me? situational maybe?
if there is eye contact or the car has backed off after signaling a left, then i'll have at it - there is still the jerk behind them that doesn't get it tho..

love it when another car can be used as protection...

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
friend of mine "took the lane" cause, hey, we have a right to it... 50mph stretch of 523. freaked me out.

refer to previous stated rule of tonnage in other thread....

i'm taking all left turns with extreme caution - is it just me? situational maybe?
if there is eye contact or the car has backed off after signaling a left, then i'll have at it - there is still the jerk behind them that doesn't get it tho..

love it when another car can be used as protection...
every turn is situational. There are stop signs I blow without question at 5am that I would not dare do at 8am.

If you are going the speed limit or greater, take the lane, always. Your going freaking 50mph. (although you might mean the speed limit is 50).

On day I was taking the lane, signaled left and the car behind still tried to pass me as I was turning. I mean, WTF do you think I was doing in the left 1/4 of the lane?

Anyways, you do what makes you feeling comfortable and nothing turn wise is worth dying for.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
every turn is situational. There are stop signs I blow without question at 5am that I would not dare do at 8am.

If you are going the speed limit or greater, take the lane, always. Your going freaking 50mph. (although you might mean the speed limit is 50).

On day I was taking the lane, signaled left and the car behind still tried to pass me as I was turning. I mean, WTF do you think I was doing in the left 1/4 of the lane?

Anyways, you do what makes you feeling comfortable and nothing turn wise is worth dying for.

yeah - 50mph section, not doing 50 -

agree, it is the situation that dictates - good sight distance, quiet day, not windy. a good out.....
it just freaks me out if someone thinks 'it is their right' - in that case, 'it is only an accident'.....

you ride with a blinky front light during the day?

Top Bottom