Yummy Yummy Corn

The Kalmyk

Rode today starting at 27....I saw someone wasted no time getting at the corn on the blue trail....Was that corn good going down because it's feed corn for animals...Hopefully none of us fell victim to the oldest farmers trick....When farmers plant their corn they perimeter the field with feed corn...I took a look at the stalks and they are def not the silver or sweet that NJ is infamous for....I'll cross my fingers it was an equestrian

Corn cooking tip: When boiling add surgar(1/2 cup) to the boiling water before putting in the corn...Surgar retains the natural sweetness of the corn while salt will dehydrate corn...No butter no salt needed...Bangin with Jersey sweet

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Don't touch the corn.

For real.

The farmers are not super keen on Mt bikes to begin with.

You have been warned.

j

Corn cooking tip: When boiling add surgar(1/2 cup) to the boiling water before putting in the corn...Surgar retains the natural sweetness of the corn while salt will dehydrate corn...No butter no salt needed...Bangin with Jersey sweet

Better way is to leave husks on corn. Peel away the driest outer husks, but leave 2 layers of leaves and the silk intact. Cut the tippy-top off of the ear, lay ears side by side on plate, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5-7 minutes. Do not stack ears when cooking, do separate batches if you must. For a nice finish, put the ears on the grill for a few minutes. Cooking corn in the husks makes the silk and leaves easier to peel away, almost no silk left at all.

Oh, and stay away from the corn, per JDog. I used to work for a farmer and he was mighty pissed at the random people who tried to sneak into his fields from side trails. He started planting thorny bushes as a border, nasty stuff to navigate when you're trying to pick for market.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Better way is to leave husks on corn. Peel away the driest outer husks, but leave 2 layers of leaves and the silk intact. Cut the tippy-top off of the ear, lay ears side by side on plate, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 5-7 minutes. Do not stack ears when cooking, do separate batches if you must. For a nice finish, put the ears on the grill for a few minutes. Cooking corn in the husks makes the silk and leaves easier to peel away, almost no silk left at all.

Oh, and stay away from the corn, per JDog. I used to work for a farmer and he was mighty pissed at the random people who tried to sneak into his fields from side trails. He started planting thorny bushes as a border, nasty stuff to navigate when you're trying to pick for market.

Jersey Girl, that's how I do the corn... except, I go straight to the grill, no microwave. I also soak it briefly (or run the husks under the tap for a bit) to help prevent burning. Always comes out dee-lish. No sugar, no butter needed. You're right... its the best way to get the silk off... its easy to remove when its cooked. :cool:

Jersey Girl, that's how I do the corn... except, I go straight to the grill, no microwave. I also soak it briefly (or run the husks under the tap for a bit) to help prevent burning. Always comes out dee-lish. No sugar, no butter needed. You're right... its the best way to get the silk off... its easy to remove when its cooked. :cool:

between this thread, the beer thread, and the announcement BFJ made today about better things to come, I am thinking we should get some beer, corn, and mountain bikers together for a ride and picnic at LM.

You will just die and go to heaven when you taste my potato salad!

The Kalmyk

between this thread, the beer thread, and the announcement BFJ made today about better things to come, I am thinking we should get some beer, corn, and mountain bikers together for a ride and picnic at LM.

You will just die and go to heaven when you taste my potato salad!

When was that happening again...I love potato salad...I've got the beer....Mergs can bring the corn...We really should get something along those lines going

Last edited:
S

SnoopyRiders

All this corn talk is making me hungry....:drooling: not fair

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions