Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Sunday, October 21

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shaggz

A strong 7
Carry Over From the Corn Thread

There seems to be an interest in a MTBNJ get together. Since BFJ and I are trying to sort a lot of the site stuff out now, it would be great if we could get some help organizing this.

So:
Where?
When?
Who?

Here's my vote
Where: Lewis Morris (seems to be somewhat centrally located)
When: Mid-September
Who: Duh...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If I'm basing it on the race schedule, I go with September 15/16 as that's the only non race weekend other than Labor Day through the end of the season. There's actually a MASS marathon that day but not a lot of crossover here with that. There are H2H races just about every weekend for 6 weeks, with 2 exceptions, the 50k and then the 9-15/16 weekend.

LM is a good choice since it's centrally located and you can probably get an alcohol permit.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
This coming from the guy who has bailed on every scheduled race this year?

ArmyOfNone

lets try for it...sounds like a good idea. Not sure how many ppl we can get show. But may be if we put it out early enough...

Jersey Girl, that's how I do the corn... except, I go straight to the grill, no microwave. I also soak it briefly (or run the husks under the tap for a bit) to help prevent burning. Always comes out dee-lish. No sugar, no butter needed. You're right... its the best way to get the silk off... its easy to remove when its cooked. :cool:

between this thread, the beer thread, and the announcement BFJ made today about better things to come, I am thinking we should get some beer, corn, and mountain bikers together for a ride and picnic at LM.

You will just die and go to heaven when you taste my potato salad!

When was that happening again...I love potato salad...I've got the beer....Mergs can bring the corn...We really should get something along those lines going

Well, I guess I opened this can of worms so I should follow through.

Would anyone be interested in reserving a grove at Lewis Morris, going for a ride, and finishing off the day with a get-to-know-your-fellow-MTBNJers BBQ?

There seems to be an interest in a MTBNJ get together. Since BFJ and I are trying to sort a lot of the site stuff out now, it would be great if we could get some help organizing this.

So:
Where?
When?
Who?

Here's my vote
Where: Lewis Morris (seems to be somewhat centrally located)
When: Mid-September
Who: Duh...

ooops I just double posted in the Rides Races and Events forum.

I really should learn to read the whole board before I get all cock-sure about posting original threads :D

jgr - do you want to head up the committee?

Sure, will do.

Once we settle on a date that works well for most, I will start to coordinate the food and drinks and contact LM about the rules and regs of picnicking.

I've seen hordes of city folk descend on that place with kegs, hot dog trucks, tents and dogs, so a few muddy behind the ears mountain bikers having a cookout shouldn't be a problem.

The Kalmyk

Well, I guess I opened this can of worms so I should follow through.

Would anyone be interested in reserving a grove at Lewis Morris, going for a ride, and finishing off the day with a get-to-know-your-fellow-MTBNJers BBQ?

JGR- That is exactly what I'm in for...You can only come if you bring your potato salad..lol...Can't wait to try it because my wife makes a mean one as well...Let me know what I'm bringing or anything I can do to help....Prefer bringing the keg....smiles

Last edited:
The Skinny on Picnic Groves at LM

OK, LM requires a permit for groups of 25 or more, and alcohol is permitted as long as we have it inidicated on the permit. There will be a fee, not sure how much yet, likely less than $50 but I will confirm.

We should have the reservation made 30 days in advance so let's try to settle a date soon. The 15th or 23rd of September look good so far. We could also look at October. Lewis Morris in the throes of an autumn passion is a lovely sight.

Last edited:

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
holy crap, someone actually pulled something together? here? at that fast? wow, killer work J_G_R.

man, times are a changin'. that's a good thing. :D

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think we should just pare it down to a few dates and put a poll up. Easier to click a button than send an email, and max representation would be better.

Dates for the MTBNJ First Annual Lewis Morris Ride and BBQ

Somewhere along the line a mod will have to merge this thread into the Yummy Yummy Corn and Beer thread :)

I chose weekend with no races for this event, hope this gives us enough from which to choose.

Top Bottom