YTC - Mahlon Dickerson question

Shaggz

A strong 7
Went back to Mahlon and had a blast. where is the "third" portion of the park that you and hourican rode after we left? we tried to find it, but wound up on the road...

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
smarencik said:
Went back to Mahlon and had a blast. where is the "third" portion of the park that you and hourican rode after we left? we tried to find it, but wound up on the road...

No, we wound up on the road twice! :lol:

ytc100

Go back around behind the pond as if you're heading for the 2nd loop we did with the fun downhills. Follow the same gravel/dirt uphill. Once you're past the area where you see the "campers only" sign make the left into the park. Follow the teal/white markers north and around the park counter clockwise. You'll cross weldon road about halfway. Eventually you'll end up back on the fireroad we took on the first loop we did.
Hope that helps...
-YTC

Jason

JORBA.ORG
ytc100 said:
Go back around behind the pond as if you're heading for the 2nd loop we did with the fun downhills. Follow the same gravel/dirt uphill. Once you're past the area where you see the "campers only" sign make the left into the park. Follow the teal/white markers north and around the park counter clockwise. You'll cross weldon road about halfway. Eventually you'll end up back on the fireroad we took on the first loop we did.
Hope that helps...
-YTC

ohhhhhhhhhhh, okay.

We took two stabs at it. First time passing the pond, climbing the gravel fireroad and then making the first left. This took us right down on teh other side of the pond near the parking lot. Not at all satisfied, we climbed back to the top and continued to the next left turn (not yet passing the campers only sign" and this again took us back down to Weldon Road. There was no continuation of trail so we took the road back to the lot. We actually ended up quite a ways down Weldon Road.

Also, prior to this we hit the section across the road from the parking lot. After another biker warned us of a bear on the left, we broke right and wound up at the highest point in Morris County.

-jay

ytc100

Yeah there are a couple of lefts that look the same...
You will end up passing the Highest Point on your way out of the park following the route I described.
Don't forget to check out the Headley overlook. It's worth a peek.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
ytc100 said:
Yeah there are a couple of lefts that look the same...
You will end up passing the Highest Point on your way out of the park following the route I described.
Don't forget to check out the Headley overlook. It's worth a peek.

ahhhhhh okay, I think I see how we went wrong. I'm going to have to take a stab at it again and check out the overlook.

album_pic.php

Top Bottom