SpartaBard

How about a youth section for HS/MS riders. This can be a place to:

-post youth only rides
-post info about youth races
-promote mtb to the younger community

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i already have an idea for this brad...it's still too early to talk about it. actually, steve doesn't even know about this yet.

i agree

i agree..a youth section where teenagers and kids can share stories and such..and youth only rides and stuff... im 16 but 2 years ago a youth section would've came in handy.... Create a youth section!!! haha :getsome:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm interested what our target is here. What do people consider "youth"? We slowly have some younger people (15-17 ish) coming onto the site but I would imagine we're aiming for 5-14 or something with this?

I'm thinking that if someone championed the idea, organized rides and the like, it would be more useful. Otherwise it will sit as an empty forum.

Shaggz

A strong 7
the other "problem" i see is that for the most part, you monkeys can say, well pretty much anything on the board. i do not know if there is a different set of standards that need to be implemented when kids under 18 join the board. i also think we may need to implement an additional security measure to get parent/guardian approval for their membership. anyway, since jake hasn't let norm or i in on his master plan, this is just farting in the wind.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Steve that's a good point. My answer would be that it would really be a section for parents of said "utes" that are reading/posting to the board. I don't really think the ute demographic is our intended audience, directly. Though if so, I'm sure they'll love my current avatar...

anrothar

entirely thrilled
it would also be possible, i think, to implement additional word filters for people below a certain age, if age verification or a statement of age is required for signing up. that might require some fancy software though. might also be possible to mark certain threads as age-restricted. you know, like anything walter replies to.

walter

Fourth Party
Steve that's a good point. My answer would be that it would really be a section for parents of said "utes" that are reading/posting to the board. I don't really think the ute demographic is our intended audience, directly. Though if so, I'm sure they'll love my current avatar...

Did you say "utes"?

walter

Fourth Party
might also be possible to mark certain threads as age-restricted. you know, like anything walter replies to.

This would also ban Sean from posting after 8 pm on Saturdays, anytime he has plans with ArmyofFred, anytime he attends a wedding that he wasn't even invited to, or anytime he is going to proposition my wife for Vegan General Tso's in exchange for "favors".

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Speaking of which, who orders vegan General Tso's chicken?

This thread will rapidly show why asking utes to come here is a bad idea....

anrothar

entirely thrilled
This would also ban Sean from posting after 8 pm on Saturdays, anytime he has plans with ArmyofFred, anytime he attends a wedding that he wasn't even invited to, or anytime he is going to proposition my wife for Vegan General Tso's in exchange for "favors".

what? i was gonna mow the lawn, or paint the house or something. pure hearted intentions all the way with me.

Top Bottom