Youth Mountain Biking Camp at Mt. Allamuchy

DanBrodeen

Hello everyone!
I'll be organizing, in conjunction with the Mt. Allamuchy Scout Reservation, a week long mountain biking camp for the summer of 2011. Most likely will be August 7-13, 2011. The camp will be open to all youths ages 13-17. It will focus on skills, training, racing, maintenance/repair, and trail building. I'd like to have one day set aside as an outing to Diablo to give the kids a chance to do some free-riding and DH. Riding won't be limited to Allamuchy either. Trips to Kittatinny and Deer Park will be held to keep things interesting.
I'm starting the ball rolling on this one to gain some interest early from the MTB community. I'll be hiring at least two other people for the week in addition to the camp staff that will already be there for other programs offered by MASR. A few skilled volunteers to pop in and out during the week would be great! Having a few CAT 1/Pro riders to come in and talk about racing would be very beneficial for our next generation of riders. Please PM me if you are interested in participating.
Since this program is new and the economy is old and busted, we could use any donations that you can spare. Not all the kids will have the freshest gear. Any decent apparel, parts, bikes!, tools, etc. would help out greatly. Since its going into a Scout sponsored program I think it will be a tax write off.
I'm still throwing around names and would love some suggestions. If all goes well maybe adults will get a week of there own!
Thanks!
Dan Brodeen
Ride Allamuchy Promotions
info@rideallamuchy.com

zip

Sounds like a great camp opportunity for the "yout". I wish that was available when I was kid. I will come up one day and sweep.

DanBrodeen

Way to go Rich! Getting the ball rolling! Rich has helped our program at the camp for years! He is partly responsible for getting me so into our great sport! That's what this camp is all about!
Thanks Rich!

zip

I think you are giving me more credit than I deserve but OK I will take it and pledge two Wierwolf tires ( in good shape, still better than the entry level tires on the camp bikes)to the effort.

DanBrodeen

I think you are giving me more credit than I deserve but OK I will take it and pledge two Wierwolf tires ( in good shape, still better than the entry level tires on the camp bikes)to the effort.

Those weeks of 2 hour rides every day got me going! Not to mention getting me to join the 24 HOA team!

zip

Ha,now I go for 4 hour rides! Anyway, this camp will be a hit with the kids. What better way to spend a week, sleeping on army cots in big canvas tents on wooden platforms, three daily meals cooked at the camp dining hall, night campfires,and plenty of rides.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i spent a week there every summer w/ my scout troop for quite a few years, wouldnt mind helping out w/ the camp for a day or two if im around for the week.

monfrair

Looking for a camp like this for my 7 year old

sounds great. My 7.5 year old is a bike maniac. I wish there was a camp like this for riders of his age. Took him and his 4 year old brother to Windham world cup last month and they are both bike crazy now.

DanBrodeen

sounds great. My 7.5 year old is a bike maniac. I wish there was a camp like this for riders of his age. Took him and his 4 year old brother to Windham world cup last month and they are both bike crazy now.

If we can get enough interest from his age group maybe we could come up with a day camp or maybe a parent/child mtb weekend. I had one father/son at the Cranks Around the Campfire event and they had a blast!

jdgang

If we can get enough interest from his age group maybe we could come up with a day camp or maybe a parent/child mtb weekend. I had one father/son at the Cranks Around the Campfire event and they had a blast!

I ride with my 7 year old about two times a week up at KVSP. He loves it. In fact he cant wait till the 4th grade so he can join his schools mtb club.

Top Bottom