Youth Baggy Shorts

steverod23

My 10.5 year old daughter just inherited her brother's old mountain bike. Her entire attitude about riding has changed and begs me to take her every chance she gets. WooHoo!

I'm trying to find her quality padded shorts. She's a youth size 14. She's starting to get curves and refuses to wear anything tight. I showed her some options on amazon but the spandex or form fitting stuff just gets me rolling eyes from her. Can anyone recommend a brand of baggies ? I can't seem to find anything other than ladies small which would be long on her.

From a clueless dad.

Try www.terrybicycles.com they have a variety of women's shorts. Other than that, some Pearl Izumi models run extremely small (I know this because I have the opposite problem being quite tall and preferring baggies).

I'd suggest checking out Fox Racing. They have baggies in youth and womens sizes.

http://shop.foxhead.com/store/produ...goryNavIds=cat20008:cat20134:cat890010&pg=all

i really like the fox shorts (i have 4 pairs and looking to buy more)... i'm 5'4" 122 lbs and i wear a small. (i have no curves to speak of :()

and yeah... PI stuff usually runs small so she might luck out with the ladies small in those.

and i'm with her on the tight shorts... as hard as i try, i just can't get into them.

Forgive a silly question, but does she understand that even baggy shorts will have a tight-fitting padded liner?

I mention this because... well... baggy cycling shorts are expensive... and she's 10 years old... and I'm assuming hasn't stopped growing... so another option is regular cycling shorts and whatever baggy shorts from Wally-world or Target she likes over them.

Back
Top Bottom