Your next bike just got a lot more expensive

bergsnj

What's up with this Ripmo AF hype, it doesn't look anything special to me.
i"m hyped on this bike. Here's why:

-modern geometry 65 degree headtube, 77 degree seat tube, 458mm reach on medium, etc
-better than usual low end bike components (DVO vs low end fox performance/rythm or rockshox yari, etc forks)
-made of aluminum(less prone to crash damage than carbon)
-price

Most bikes in this price range have old school geometry and not as good components

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are you strictly fat bike now or do you ride others?

I have a Hightower, but I haven't ridden it in over a year, since putting the dropper and suspension fork on the fatty. I'm planning to fix it up and ride it again at some point this year though. I rode a 5010 out in Sedona and loved it, but I don't think I would like it for the trails I ride around here.

TimBay

Ripmo and allair a match made in heaven...
I ride hartshorne...which makes even less sense, except this thing rates better in climbing than the other bikes I've looked at (trance, ST Stumpy, Tallboy). I talked to a guy at belmar bikes. They've sold a bunch and have gotten amazing feedback on them. Most people agree that the DW link is one of the greatest pedaling platform designs. If I can get a bike that pedals great and will probably never be able to outgrow on the downhill with highly tuneable suspension at $3k, you bet I'm gonna be intrigued.

serviceguy

So, based on all the reviews, it climbs, descends and pedals incredibly well. Has amazing kinematics and at 3k, comes spec'd incredibly well. It's a great value.
So, one of the selling point of my bike was that it pedals extremely well on the climb in spite of its weight. Now, almost a year later and about 15 miles riding it, I can tell you that my bike doesn't pedal at all, I still have to pedal if I want it to move. Do you think my bike is broken?

JerseyPete

So, one of the selling point of my bike was that it pedals extremely well on the climb in spite of its weight. Now, almost a year later and about 15 miles riding it, I can tell you that my bike doesn't pedal at all, I still have to pedal if I want it to move. Do you think my bike is broken?
Is this the one that you had crank problems with?
@Paul H a pennies on the dollar opportunity.

TimBay

I can't tell if you're joking or not. I'm gonna assume so, but just in case, feel free to google kinematics.

serviceguy

Surprised you don't save the extra pieces and Solder them together.
You're evil. I believe I've seen one of these on @The Governor of Slacktown 's bike for added adjustability.
everbilt-turnbuckles-807006-64_1000.jpg

serviceguy

Is this the one that you had crank problems with?
@Paul H a pennies on the dollar opportunity.
Nice try. No, it was the mukluk I believe. The problems were only due to some clearance issue with the crank hitting the chain stays. A wider spindle took care of it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom