Young Juniors to have their own race at 8:30 am in MAC series

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think this is a great way to get the young kids involved!

MAC Cross
15 hrs ·

We've got a lot of great changes in store for the MAC this year. Stay tuned this week for daily announcements about the series and a published technical guide.

#1 There is now a separate young juniors (9-14) race at 8:30 am (7:30 am in December). Scoring and series ranking will be in 3 age groups by gender: 9-10, 11-12, 13-14. The race duration is 20-25 minutes and officials will allow as many racers to race 2 laps as safely possible, though it may be 1 lap for some. Who will be the next Emma Freymann or Emily White?

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
This is excellent!

I am curious how the rest of the classes will play out both category and scheduling wise.

jnos

As a cyclist, this is great! Moar youth cycling=good for sport!

As a promoter, I am upset that I have to set my alarm clock a half hour earlier. Small price to pay, I guess.

jnos

I did not know that. Cool. Looks like I'll actually get to do that race this year.

Nice! If all goes according to plan, we will have a beer sponsor for post race recovery.

I promise there will be no bike throwing from Rutgers kids this year...

The Heckler

You bring new meaning to the term SUCK
I promise there will be no bike throwing from Rutgers kids this year...
Was it out of anger or a contest? I don't recall it happening but a 10 speed toss with a podium would be awesome. Think about doing it at the same time as the little Belgians race.

I bet I could get a bike for you. :D

jnos

I didn't see it happen, but saw the aftermath. The thrower is a nice enough guy, but definitely intense. Also, he was an alumni at the time, so don't hold back those donations to Rutgers Cycling. One of the officials pulled him from the race for cursing at a pregnant friend of his who was heckling him. Not sure of the heckle, but he gave a nice "F' you" in response. He handled the situation with class...
HornbyBikeTreeSm.jpg

Top Bottom