You see Intense is selling bikes on costco.com?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Just their new 951 line which is an 120mm XC bike and a 150mm trail bike. Both are carbon frames, NX spec and fox suspension for $3200. A few hundred cheaper than on intense.com funny enough. Man intense is just out on bike shops.

Cassinonorth

It's only the 951 series, right? I guess that's the new mountain biker market they want, definitely an interesting choice though.

Ian F

It seems they are all-in on the direct to consumer model. They dropped a long-time dealer in DC who has been with them through thick and thin for over 20 years. We found this out the hard way when one of my friends needed warranty or a crash replacement for his older Spider with a cracked swingarm. He's now investigating carbon frame repair companies.

goldsbar

A few hundred cheaper than on intense.com funny enough.
This type of activity killed pricing power in the travel industry for many years and I'm sure it's an issue in many other industries. "We want everyone to book on our website at full price, but we'll dump all our excess inventory on rando.com for 50% off." Intense doesn't seem to care about dealers anymore, but if you're going to go (semi?) direct, don't have other places selling cheaper than your own website. It's not like there's a problem with excess bike inventory now.

jvrock

Free Intense bike. Ride for two years then return it to Costco because it doesn't shift properly. Intense made a deal with the devil...

(just kidding, of course)

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Free Intense bike. Ride for two years then return it to Costco because it doesn't shift properly. Intense made a deal with the devil...

(just kidding, of course)

I thought that's what you were supposed to do with your lawn mower, but from hd

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
It seems they are all-in on the direct to consumer model. They dropped a long-time dealer in DC who has been with them through thick and thin for over 20 years. We found this out the hard way when one of my friends needed warranty or a crash replacement for his older Spider with a cracked swingarm. He's now investigating carbon frame repair companies.
Try ruckus Composites in Portland.

Reactions: don

Ian F

There were a bunch of carbon frame repair places I and others mentioned. He made his own choices.

Ian F

There are a lot of options for carbon frame repair. While a lot of folks make statements about delicate carbon frames, carbon arguably the easiest of the common frame materials to get fixed if damaged.

Top Bottom