you are all bad influences

Awdrifter13

just got my first 29er thanks to everyone talking about them on here! its an 07 gary fisher cobia with the tora front shock and i put my race face cranks on there too... maiden voyage should be tomorrow and hopefully get some pics up then too:D

Panhead

Now all we have to do is convince you to lose the gears. Then the squish. You'll come around in time.;)

Sircrashalot

I finally gave in also, and picked up an f29 ss from he fine folks at Halters. I didnt go full rigid because even plinking around in the parking lot the Mary with rigid front fork hurt my old decrepid wrists.
BUT, after a couple rides on the f29ss, I am hooked, converted, assimilated and all that jazz. Its nice...simple, quiet, less to think about.
The comparison that keeps coming to my mind is skiing vs. snowboarding. I love both, but on the board there is less stuff between me and the mountain. Its kind of the same.
The SS 29er is somewhere between a hardtail 26 & fs 26 cush wise, but it just loves to roll, and there is no dilemma of to shift or not to shift when I see a hill coming. Just pedal....I am not in great shape & I am doing just fine on it....

Panhead

One ride you will lock out the fork and forget to unlock it. You will realize you don't need it. Or you can cut to the quick and sell the fork now and start thinking about making it into a fixie. Either way it all ends up the same.

Awdrifter13

here is the bike, rode it today and it felt real good on the trail! (ladies bike in the backround!)

Attachments

• cobia.JPG
    cobia.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 382
  • cobia2.JPG
    cobia2.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Top Bottom