York PA?

Glancing Aft

Has anyone on this board ever ridden in the York Pennsylvania area, or anywhere in Southern Pennsylvania.

If so, what's it like, and where are some good places to ride?

bozizle

York

I rode near York almost 8 years ago now when my wife attended college there at the time. There is a really nice and scenic place with decent single track all over...Redman state forest? I believe that is the name of it ...about 15 mins from the college and from what I remember it had a little of everything to ride and some nice views around a lake once you climb up a bit.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Has anyone on this board ever ridden in the York Pennsylvania area, or anywhere in Southern Pennsylvania.

If so, what's it like, and where are some good places to ride?

A little further away is Michaux State Forest -- over 80,000 acres! Great place to ride. Gettysburg Cycles is the place to visit if you want info. They also run a race series in Michaux (pronounce mee-show). Here is the link:

http://www.gettysburgbmx.com/michaux/index.php

Michaux is located along Route 30 between Gettysburg & Chambersburg. I did a few of the races there and I was very impressed by the place. Excellent riding there.

TonyC

I rode near York almost 8 years ago now when my wife attended college there at the time. There is a really nice and scenic place with decent single track all over...Redman state forest? I believe that is the name of it ...about 15 mins from the college and from what I remember it had a little of everything to ride and some nice views around a lake once you climb up a bit.

I gotcha beat. I rode there 17yrs ago when I attended York College :) I remember riding to Lake Redman from the college on my first Mtn Bike. Thinking back I don't think I had extra tubes or tools. Stupid! I don't remember the trails that much nor do I remember much from College.

So basically to answer the first post I have nothing to contribute, Sorry.

Glancing Aft

Great, thanks for the beta, I'll most likely be spending some time out there this summer so I'll be checking both places out!

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went to gettysburg college (ten years ago :eek: ) and we used to ride in the trails around the battlefields...and there are LOTS. dunno what the status is now on riding there now. as AJ said, the state forest is great and check with gettysburg cycles.

Top Bottom