Yikes - Jamis

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Not a whole lot in the article (pasted below) but sounds like something pretty horrific happened at Jamis.

One person was taken into custody after a body was found Wednesday on the premises of a high-end, international bicycle retailer in Bergen County, authorities said.

Police were called about 8:30 a.m. to 151 Ludlow Avenue in Northvale on a report that a person had been found dead, according to the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office.

The building is home to Jamis Bikes, an international distributor of bicycles with several business locations around the United States.

Public records show the Northvale property is owned by Carine Joannou, chief executive officer of Jamis, who lives in Teaneck and New York City.

In a YouTube video, Joannou states her family founded the bike company decades ago and that she inherited the business from her father.
No one answered the phone at the Northvale business Wednesday afternoon or at the company’s communications and marketing office in Santa Ana, California. Joannou did not immediately respond to messages left on phone numbers in her name.

The prosecutor’s office said police officers searched the building to make sure there was no ongoing threat to the community.

“A suspect has been taken into custody, and no other individuals are believed to have been involved,” Bergen County Prosecutor Mark Musella said in a statement.

Musella said the prosecutor’s office and the Northvale Police Department are investigating the case as a homicide. “Additional information will be released at a later time,” Musella said.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is this an admission of guilt in a crime?

No, but I saw the address and did a double take. I'm trying to remember if Jamis was there back then, but this was before I was riding, so it wouldn't have stuck out to me.

JerseyPete

Many years ago I interviewed at RAB lighting. And another place called INRAD. Inrad was using a Timex Sinclair to run some of the equipment.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Not a whole lot in the article (pasted below) but sounds like something pretty horrific happened at Jamis.

One person was taken into custody after a body was found Wednesday on the premises of a high-end, international bicycle retailer in Bergen County, authorities said.

Police were called about 8:30 a.m. to 151 Ludlow Avenue in Northvale on a report that a person had been found dead, according to the Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office.

The building is home to Jamis Bikes, an international distributor of bicycles with several business locations around the United States.

Public records show the Northvale property is owned by Carine Joannou, chief executive officer of Jamis, who lives in Teaneck and New York City.

In a YouTube video, Joannou states her family founded the bike company decades ago and that she inherited the business from her father.
No one answered the phone at the Northvale business Wednesday afternoon or at the company’s communications and marketing office in Santa Ana, California. Joannou did not immediately respond to messages left on phone numbers in her name.

The prosecutor’s office said police officers searched the building to make sure there was no ongoing threat to the community.

“A suspect has been taken into custody, and no other individuals are believed to have been involved,” Bergen County Prosecutor Mark Musella said in a statement.

Musella said the prosecutor’s office and the Northvale Police Department are investigating the case as a homicide. “Additional information will be released at a later time,” Musella said.
Pretty F'd up. Haven't heard the details yet, but she was a great person to work with.

THATmanMANNY

Praying for her family and friends and the Jamis crew. I just sold my Jamis road bike that I’ve had for like a decade. It was great steel bike.

Nuts but I hate these local news because after a day you never hear about follow up again, why etc…?

Top Bottom